Informal survey . . . . decals you'd like to see produced

, I must correct your above request. The only squadron you listed to fly in Gull Gray/White was VF-84. The rest entered service during the overall Gull Gray scheme, but still with colorful markings.

:( You just rained on my parade.....ya missed one..VF-114 those magnificent"Aardvarks" did fly in GG/Wh scheme according to home of M.A.T.S.

Aardvarks F-14A GG/Wh

D-Rob missed one?...What's gonna happen next a sandstorn in downtown Liverpool?.

:OMG-OMG: D-Rob I just had a horrifying thought; if you do this "I will now turn down my geekiness"...a lot of modelers are in deep kimchi, ask yourself, do you want ARC to go into withdrawl :blink:

Edited by #1 Greywolf
  • 2 months later...

Realizing I'm biased in posting this....although when you think about it, EVERY suggestion is our own personal bias and preference.

Not quite the same as the Vermont F-16 on the Wolfpak sheet, although since that's the only game in town I'll gladly buy that option from your sheet if you have that one! :woot.gif:

1-VT_ANG_F-16_7707.jpg

860277_F16_VTANG_LSV_FEB15_EOR1FS_1.jpg

15905630083_5492b1c619_b.jpg

Modern? Hmmm...

I'd like to get both WI ANG anniversary F-16s on one sheet. I know - I think Twobobs - did the 60th anniversary (blue tail,) and Hasegawa some time ago stuck the 50th anniversary (red tail) in a kit, but I don't think I've seen the 50th available outside of that. (1/48, at least.)

I'd also just say "Prototypes!" in general, though I don't know how popular that would be, given how much would have to be removed/changed/folded/spindled/mutilated in most instances - or ancient kits found - to make them.

Wonder if we can get someone to print upside down national insignias? :rofl:/>

I did! I printed some on my home printer...just flipped the image vertical and it worked out awesome!

1/48 scale.

VF-14 and VF-41 F-14As for Operation Allied Force and/or OEF. VF-41 has already been produced for OEF and they were good, but difficult to find. VF-14 decals have been CAG and CO jets, not line birds which is what I really want to build.

VF-154 line jets circa 1999. Only time I have seen these markings is in the Hasegawa LANTIRN boxing.

VFA-34 line jets during OEF/OIF.

VMFA-232 during the USS Nimitz 2005 pac cruise as seen in the multi-part documentary Carrier.

VFA-41 from the same deployment.

VA-34 for the A-4C Skyhawk with CVW-17.

VF-32 last tomcat cruise and inaugural tomcat cruise.

1/32

VF-211 in the late 1990's.

<br />1/72 <b>B-52G, 42nd BW Loring AFB, Maine</b> (Gulf War and 80s SIOP schemes).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Ditto Whitey's request. Also his earlier request for: 1/48 A-4E Skyhawk, VMA-322 Fighting Gamecocks...Hi-Viz from the late 70s. I have a whole slew more decal requests, mostly 1:72 & 1:144 tanker/transport, MARPAT stuff covered under other forum posts.

In 1/48 and 1/32 scale...

F-8D Crusader, VF-13, USS Shangri-La, 1968

My link

This is a representation. More specifically, I've got a particular nose number/bureau number in mind, but when it comes to Crusaders, most of the decal sets that have been produced are for more well known squadrons or MiG killer birds. VF-13 and VF-62 for example were on the Shang in the Med while Vietnam was going on. There are scores of lesser known aircraft that would make great subjects but since they are not well known, no one makes decals for them. I'd love to see something like a "Mayhem in the Med" multi sheet with several options. While Vietnam was in full swing, the Crusaders that flew with the Sixth Fleet in the late 60s dealt with the Russian bomber overflights of the CVBGs and so on.

My dad was in VF-13 from 65 to 69 and was a plane captain on AJ 100. VF-13's CO was sick of the Russian trawler that always shadowed the carrier, getting in the way intentionally when the ship would turn into the wind for air ops and all that. So, they took 13 rolls of toilet paper, loaded them into the lightening holes inside the speed brake and pumped it shut. Pilot launched off the cat, took a hard turn, and buzzed the trawler at mast height....popped open the speed brake, and "bombed" the trawler with the TP. When he made a second pass, the crew were running all over the deck, frantically chasing after the toilet paper rolls. I guess they didn't have any of their own on board!

They do not. The FTD sheet is for the 80th; the photo I posted is for the 70th. Compare the photo with the FTD sheet and you'll see the difference.

Fightertown already makes this set, in 1/48 scale. Search for Fightertown Decals FTD48035.

How about some instrument panel decals in 1/48 for modern jets (F-16, F-15, F-14, ect.), much like the ones Wolfpack Design gives you in their T-38 kits. I ma tired of painting those diminutive gauges and the Eduard PE just don't cut it. Apart from WD, only Afterburner Decals did some decals for the Japanese F-2 and they looked cool after applying to the kits raised panel instrument console.

Just saying...

1/32 scale :whistle:/>

24503552614_26687b6260_b.jpg

Caracal makes a sheet for this same squadron with the same tail markings in 1/32, but it does not include the blue "02" and the a/c numbers are different. The sheet is CD32005, ANG Eagles Part 3. Looks like the sheet has a hi-vis and a low-vis option on it.