Yeah just saw that. Made me feel all retro with those old storm trooper suits and those old Imperial Destroyers and x-wings. Looks good so far but it really does not matter to me as I will surely go see it.

There has been talk for a while online of a pretty vicious and angry young Vader in this one. Regardless, this movie looks to be pretty sweet from what I've seen not only in this teaser but also some leaks. What's not to like...Star Destroyers, AT-AT's, Stormtroopers, Death Star under construction, X-Wings...things that explode :woot.gif: !

What a year for Star Wars fans :thumbsup:!

Now if the rumors of a bounty hunters off shoot were to come to fruition...

Is it December yet :D

:cheers:

Exciting.. Expected to see our Vader but I guess we had only seen his "room".

Force Awakens was disappointing for me, I am expecting better experience with this one. I so wished they would go with R rating. Depicting a war in PG-13 setting is pointless.

I was pretty excited watching that this morning. In fact, I got more giddy watching that trailer than I did for about 75% of the entirety of The Force Awakens (which, apart from Daisey Ridley was mostly underwhelming).

The feel of the world in this trailer is just so good! The x-wings in the hangar (the temple on Yavin 4?), the AT-ATs looming over the rebels, everything... just so much to love about it!

Edited by Raceaddict

It takes place between Episodes III and IV and is supposed to deal with the rise/organization of the Rebellion.

I enjoyed TFA as did my young son. I think it was a huge success on many levels IMHO. But there's already a thread on TFA here on ARC so I won't go into it.

I think this movie will also be a huge success for the SW franchise and for SW fans. I am really looking forward to it.

It takes place between Episodes III and IV and is supposed to deal with the rise/organization of the Rebellion.

I enjoyed TFA as did my young son. I think it was a huge success on many levels IMHO. But there's already a thread on TFA here on ARC so I won't go into it.

I think this movie will also be a huge success for the SW franchise and for SW fans. I am really looking forward to it.

:cheers:/>

Thanks. Yeah, it looks really well done. I showed the trailer to my daughter, a huge "Hunger Games" fan, and it appealed to her...female hero and all.

AT-ATs on a tropical looking setting...any chance of green "snow speeders"? I got a buddy who just finished building one and did a pale green scheme on it, based on one of the books I guess...

The Star Wars Rebels series on TV has made use of the early AT-AT's on desert planets and on forested (Earth like) planets. The AT-AT's in the clip look to be similar early versions, which makes sense since ESB is still a long ways off from when Rogue One takes place. The Shadow Troopers will be cool to see as we haven't seen them on the big screen before, only in novels, comics, and Battlefront. The black on white X-Wing(s?) will be different to see as well.

...and I'm pretty sure that Kyle Katarn is in the trailer...

Yeah, at first I thought that it might be a young Biggs but the timeline doesn't match. But Kyle Katarn would make sense and he does fit in. I loved this about the build up to TFA with all the theories, speculation, and guesses...its fun. Rogue One will be equally as fun to theorize about as we move towards December.

I had read that it takes place before EP IV so before the first Death Star. The rebels were trying to get the plans to a "New Weapon" which could fall before EP IV or between EP IV and EP V I guess.

Which ever it is it should be cool. Explosions, X Wings, AT-ATs. What's not to love :)

I had read that it takes place before EP IV so before the first Death Star...

Which places it after Episode III but before Episode IV...so somewhere between the two episodes.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_One

https://www.romper.com/p/when-is-rogue-one-set-a-timeline-primer-for-star-wars-rookies-8461

As an aside did anyone else notice the very clone wars looking helmets some of the storm troopers were wearing on the speeder in the marketplace (approximately min 1:04-1:07 in the trailer)? A good bridge between gear we saw in episode III and the more familiar trooper helmets from IV perhaps? Just caught my eyes during one of the many viewings I've done :rolleyes:.

Which places it after Episode III but before Episode IV...so somewhere between the two episodes.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_One

https://www.romper.com/p/when-is-rogue-one-set-a-timeline-primer-for-star-wars-rookies-8461

As an aside did anyone else notice the very clone wars looking helmets some of the storm troopers were wearing on the speeder in the marketplace (approximately min 1:04-1:07 in the trailer)? A good bridge between gear we saw in episode III and the more familiar trooper helmets from IV perhaps? Just caught my eyes during one of the many viewings I've done :rolleyes:/>.

:cheers:/>

Didn't pick that up! Nice one. There is a total lack of any lightsaber activity though! Hopefully Lord Vader shows up in this film and changes that!

TAKE MY MONEY!

Seriously a great time to be a parent! I get to relieve my childhood and take my kids to all the new Star Wars movies@

Still waiting for an X-Wing Emoticon on these forums.... :smiley-transport006: