I remember "Dances with Wolves" and "Titanic" having actual intermissions complete with flashing the lights to get folks back to their seats. But going to butt burner movies has never been my thing. I prefer to watch those at home.

Boy those SW comics bring back memories. Combining money earned from odd jobs a kid could do I used to collect up all the empty soda bottles I could find to take back to the store to get the money to buy the latest editions of SW, X-Men, Spiderman, Sgt. Rock, Unknown Soldier or The Haunted Tank. I still have most of those issues today...along with my current reads.

Good stuff!

:cheers:

I remember there being an intermission for Gettysburg, I believe. I'm a huge Dances with Wolves fan. When I first saw the trailer, I just had a feeling it was something special. I got the extended 4 hour addition on VHS, and it's actually even better, as it explains a lot of things that are missing from the edited version.

I remember there being an intermission for Gettysburg, I believe. I'm a huge Dances with Wolves fan. When I first saw the trailer, I just had a feeling it was something special. I got the extended 4 hour addition on VHS, and it's actually even better, as it explains a lot of things that are missing from the edited version.

I'm with you Darren. I'm a massive fan of Dances with Wolves. Kevin Costner seems to get a bad rap from time to time but he sure did it right with DWW. And Graham Greene and Rodney Grant totally knocked their parts out of the park.

And to keep this thread on track, I totally can't wait for December to get here. Rogue One looks every bit as good as any of the originals.

Edited by Drifterdon

In NZ at least the intermission for ROTJ was right after the Rebel shuttle landed on Endor. Screen goes red, lights come up and all the kids dash to be first in the queue for lollies. I'm not sure when intermissions on regular features stopped, but it was in the late 80's. The last things I saw with an intermission were the Director's Cut of Das Boot and Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet in the late 1990's, both of which went well over the three hour mark. I don't recall Titanic having one in the same era though.

Drifting way OT again, but back in the mid 90s I was living in a tiny apartment with no air conditioning. One summer evening during a heat wave I went to the local multiplex specifically looking for the longest movie they had. Fortunately "Braveheart" was playing..over three hours of arctic air conditioning (with no intermission as I recall.)

SN

Like seeing all the additional footage that came with the BB's trailer however leave that stuff for the Trekkie fans, SW is a space opera that doesn't need lyrical music to it lol.

I thought that was going to be painfully stupid. But it was actually really good. I'm kinda hype about CAS X-Wings now.

The X-Wings flying CAS and a lot of the scenery/ cinematography reminds me the of the N64 game Rogue Squadron.

• 1 month later...

In many scenes of Ep.IV: A New Hope (or as I call it, Star Wars) the original dialog spoken by Brit actors (Imperial officers, the bartender, Mr. "I don't like you either") was (badly) re-dubbed by Americans prior to the film's release.  Probably since the film was aimed at American kids.

When the first Mad Max film was initially released in the States, all the Aussie dialog was similarly re-dubbed by American actors.  I caught that version on some obscure channel's late-nite movie once.  It was really weird seeing Mel Gibson talk but hearing another guy's voice..doubly so because I recognized it from several TV commercials

SN

Not Rogue One related but still Star Wars, has anyone else watched these mini-movies on the Old Republic before:

I actually think they are quite good! There was a push to have an Old Republic series similar to Game of Thrones but I don't think it gained much traction with the powers that be. Too bad as I think it would be a hit. Anyways, enjoy!

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Don said:

Not Rogue One related but still Star Wars, has anyone else watched these mini-movies on the Old Republic before:

I actually think they are quite good! There was a push to have an Old Republic series similar to Game of Thrones but I don't think it gained much traction with the powers that be. Too bad as I think it would be a hit. Anyways, enjoy!

Cheers!

How is that Old Republic when they have what looks like clone troopers and droidekas? 

Its doen well but not like the old republic video games. Which were fantastic. 

2 hours ago, Bigasshammm said:

How is that Old Republic when they have what looks like clone troopers and droidekas? 

Its doen well but not like the old republic video games. Which were fantastic. 

They're not Clone Troopers but Republic Troopers (no two are alike). The Destroyer Droids weren't new by the time of the Clone Wars, but had been around for a very longtime (albeit they evolved to have many versions including sniper droids with improved shields...oddly though with the same weaknesses from the OR to past the CW which I could never figure out).  If you read the Old Republic novels they're all in there.