Oregon F-15 75 anniversary

Too soon to tell. She just came out of the paint shop. I do hope someone does make some. Too bad the USAF is no longer doing the F-15 demo...

Here's a few more of her :wub:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/far148/org%20ang%20eagle%201.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/far148/org%20ang%20eagle%202.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/far148/org%20ang%20eagle%203.jpg

Steven L :wave:

Much better that the weirdly out of proportion amateurish eagle normally seen on the Oregon f-15's. The California ANG has much cooler eagle artwork on their tails by a mile.

Edited by Vaildog

The USAF need to do an exchange program with some of their NATO partners or the French who have some crews that really know how to do the special schemes with a high degree of craftsmanship.

The USAF need to do an exchange program with some of their NATO partners or the French who have some crews that really know how to do the special schemes with a high degree of craftsmanship.

That's two negative comments in a short time span. I personally don't think the NATO schemes are all that great. The Klamath Falls scheme is very nice, especially the eagle head on the forward fuselage. It's all a matter of opinion. You may not like it, but don't say that someone else does it better, because that can't be quantified.

Not trying to be negative. I like the new Oregon Scheme. It just seems the USAF is more uptight than almost any other western air force when it comes to creative schemes. I'd love to see the Air Force take a page out of the Navy's playbook and come-up with some cool CAG type schemes for the various squadrons.

You have to admit the USAF would never authorize anything like these

cervia-f16-farewell_13.jpg

ffb14a1427c51c54169e498d76521966.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: that looks terrible. It's like they picked three or four different themes and ideas and decided, "why not all of them?!!?" The tails look nice. The tramp stamp looking wings on the main airframe and stabs are awful, and look even worse over the standard Eagle camouflage. The Eagle's head is ridiculous, in placement, expression, and relative to the rest of the markings.

Leave the cartoon colored jets to the Navy, I say. This is not a trend setter.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: that looks terrible. It's like they picked three or four different themes and ideas and decided, "why not all of them?!!?" The tails look nice. The tramp stamp looking wings on the main airframe and stabs are awful, and look even worse over the standard Eagle camouflage. The Eagle's head is ridiculous, in placement, expression, and relative to the rest of the markings.

Leave the cartoon colored jets to the Navy, I say. This is not a trend setter.

agree 200% :thumbsup:

Not trying to be negative. I like the new Oregon Scheme. It just seems the USAF is more uptight than almost any other western air force when it comes to creative schemes. I'd love to see the Air Force take a page out of the Navy's playbook and come-up with some cool CAG type schemes for the various squadrons.

You have to admit the USAF would never authorize anything like these

If you think the USAF's uptight then try the RSAF (S'pore AF). Never knew that showing special schemes to the public would be a threat to opsec! Granted they've relaxed their sphincters lately and allow pics of their competition schemes onto FB but jeez :bandhead2:

The tramp stamp looking wings on the main airframe and stabs are awful, and look even worse over the standard Eagle camouflage.

This is really the only problem I have with the scheme. If they had overpainted the darker grey on the wings and stabs with the lighter shade, then put the wings on, it would have looked a bit better.