26064802700_1a9fcb8376_b.jpgDSC_0014 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

26064803280_f57f84c506_b.jpgDSC_0011 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

26271452771_7190789745_b.jpgDSC_0009 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

26064804410_803b817a64_b.jpgDSC_0007 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

26078123090_c7d0d3cf51_b.jpgDSC04053 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

26078131870_232f016a37_b.jpgDSC04045 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

25746144394_eec1fdd6be_b.jpgDSC04036 by Steve Cook, on Flickr

Edited by wisco8

An un-reconstructed, un-rescribed and unapologetic Monogram Century kit -what's not to like?! Magnificent work, and an excellent choice of markings: the Voodoo wears that restrained Minnesota ANG scheme most elegantly.

Very nice job. Looks great. :thumbsup:/> Been thinking of dragging a couple of my F-101's out

of the closet and getting them started. What did you use for the canopy seals?

:cheers:/>

Jerry

Thank you Jerry, I used model master paint chrome yellow for the trim. I'm going to post new pics in a few minutes with added details.

An un-reconstructed, un-rescribed and unapologetic Monogram Century kit -what's not to like?! Magnificent work, and an excellent choice of markings: the Voodoo wears that restrained Minnesota ANG scheme most elegantly.

Thank you very much ChippyWho. She is still a favorite of mine,and is very fun to build. :o)

Best regards, Steve

NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Darren, I still want to do the Canadian bird scheme, the one that is blue and black. These kits are so cool and there are a bunch out there to be built yet!!

Best regards, Steve

Stellar build of a great old kit. One of my favorites. Very well done! Can't wait to see more. :thumbsup:/>/>

Thank you Drifterdon, This is a great kit to build and become familiar with seam work, painting, and decaling. It's not too challenging and provides a great modeling experience for all skill levels.

Best regards, Steve

You do that Voodoo so wellllllllll.... :D , sorry just couldn't resist. Very nice work..just what we need more "Century series" aircraft...from the "golden age" of jet development and advancement..excellent build...what's next?

You do that Voodoo so wellllllllll.... :D/> , sorry just couldn't resist. Very nice work..just what we need more "Century series" aircraft...from the "golden age" of jet development and advancement..excellent build...what's next?

Thank you Clif. I just love those old kits, its the challenge of making them look as nice as some of the new ones coming out these days. Up on the bench right now is the 1/48 Hasegawa P-40N with the complete Eduard Big ed set and ultracast resin diamond tread eight spoked wheels. This will take a little more time than usual but it is well worth the extra effort when it gets finished.

Best regards, Steve

Steve,

I'm more then impressed at your finished F-101. I have to say that those raised panel lines really don't detract from the finished model one bit. Perfect paint, perfect decaling, and perfect NMF for the exhaust area.

Just how did you mask the windshield and canopy for the yellow seals? They look fantastic.

Joel

Steve,

I'm more then impressed at your finished F-101. I have to say that those raised panel lines really don't detract from the finished model one bit. Perfect paint, perfect decaling, and perfect NMF for the exhaust area.

Just how did you mask the windshield and canopy for the yellow seals? They look fantastic.

Joel

Thank you Joel, I first dipped the canopy in future and then let dry overnight or at least 24 hours. I then used bare metal foil burnished down beyond where the yellow trim would be.

Then I painted flat black for the inside color on the outside and then followed by aircraft gray fs 16473. After all that is dry I cut where the trim would be and removed the bare metal foil from that area. Then masked above and below where the yellow will be airbrushed. Make sure you go flat black, flat white, then yellow.

Then its just remove the tape, best choice would be tamiya cut in small strips, or use some sort of masking compound, it is easy to remove smaller painted areas with bare metal foil, so be careful to use a lower tack tape.

That's about it, a great video to watch is from Paul Budzik, on painting and masking canopies its on youtube.

Best regards, Steve

P.S.There will be residue from the bare metal foil. Make a piece of paper towel into a point and wick some GooGone out on the paper towel tip. Just wipe off the residue it will clean it off.

Edited by wisco8