Sea Harrier FRS.1

Hi, in a Cold War scenario where a Sea Harrier is on an anti-ship mission, what would be the most likely loadout? I'm thinking Sea Eagle missiles, but i'm not sure if 1 or 2 and if sidewinders or fuel tanks would be added.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

most pics shows test aircraft fitted with two missiles, and without any other load.I would say, for an aircraft launched from a ship, one missile and one tank for a bit more range and balance, no more.

Thanks Antoine.

My best guess is that no outer wing pylon would be used in that situation. Any idea?

I'm using the Kinetic kit, so I'm guessing I can use part E47.

By the way, Kinetic really needs to improve their manuals. Better diagrams, better colour callouts and better Desktop Publishing checks. Step 1 of the instructions is repeated on the FRS.1. They made such a nice model and then it looks they got lazy doing the manual.

Hi, in a Cold War scenario where a Sea Harrier is on an anti-ship mission, what would be the most likely loadout? I'm thinking Sea Eagle missiles, but i'm not sure if 1 or 2 and if sidewinders or fuel tanks would be added.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo

Here`s a thread from Britmodeller on this very subject with contributions from someone who loaded Sea Harriers. You may find post #19 by Shar2 useful.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64725-sea-harrier-frs1-and-sea-eagle/

HTH :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian

Just chanced upon this pic of a SHar on test with an interesting mix of Sea Eagles and two twin Sidewinder rails.

Shows what was possible, if not often practiced.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5394/1483/1600/met%20001.jpg

Cheers, Ian :cheers:/>

Edited by Ian Buick