Italeri 1/72 - Mig-29N Fulcrum - TUDM Malaysia

Hello all

My latest comleted built a Mig-29N from the Malaysian AF (TUDM)

Model is the Italeri Mig-29A with some resin addition : nose cone, jet exhausts, cockpit. Aircraft is depicted without the IFR probe that has been added to Malaysian Fulcrums. IFR probes are removable for maintenance.

This is an old project started 3-4 years ago and in any way long before the newer Zvezda or Trumpeter Mig-29 were in sight. I was working on this one very slowly as a side project, rescribing panel lines, adding Rivet lines or adjusting resin parts.

When I heard about newer Fulcrums in 1/72nd scale I really thought I should drop this project.

Only I had just dropped a 95% finished Hasegawa Mig-25 because I was not satisfied with overall result, so I decided I should give this one a chance and do it fast before it might be hit by the newest Mig-29 models quality.

157428smallmig297988.jpg

284678smallmig290872.jpg

697638smallmig290877.jpg

949832smallMig290879.jpg

762514smallMig297986.jpg

Early stages of the project with the additionnal resin parts

766677smallmig290794.jpg

638344smallMig290801.jpg

Regards

Eric B.

Hi,

Thank you dearly,

On colours I meant to represent my TUDM Mig-29 in the second livery ie after aircraft were repainted in the same original pattern but with US paint references (delivery camo was russian original camo/colours).

Information from the very good and well documented decal sheet instructions I got called for FS36314 for the grey colour and FS34226 for the green.

I paint mainly with Gunze acrylic paints and I therefore started from ref. H334 Barley Grey and ref. H302 (actually green FS34227 ie Light green on Israeli aircraft)

159471smallMig290856.jpg

These colours were altered with bits of other colours for different reasons ie come closer to actual colour/commonly called scale effect/weathering.

So a variation of light gull grey (H325) or white was freely added to H314 (Grey camo colour) and a variation of Light gull grey (H305) or Ghost Greys (H307/H308) was mixed with H302. Adding grey to green was done both to cut on the bright pistache colour of H302 and to reduce contrast of camo colours a bit.

H325 (FS36118 Gunship grey) was used on darker grey areas as nose cone.

Regards

Eric B.

Edited by Eric B.
  • 1 month later...