Any info on Singapore A-4 dorsal avionics hump/bump?

I am building a 1/72 A-4 Skyhawk in early scheme but can't find a view of the avionics bump from the top. I know it differs a bit from the Argentine A-4B or Q. Any help, photos from the top or dimensions would be greatly appreciated!!

Was it ever released and sold before Nakamoto packed up? Don't recall it ever hitting the market. Then again never really kept up with the news after he screwed me over early 2000s.

Andy

This was released before I got into modelling but from what I've gathered, it was released in very limited quantities and snapped up by Nakamoto's regulars.

Mark

Too bad that detail set is no longer available :( I for sure would have picked up a couple of sets. I know I have somewhere in my stash nice 1/48 drawings for an A-4B with the hump but I think it is for the Argentine version which appears to be different.

I think I should be able to scratch something to do my Singapore Skyhawk as it does not seem too crazy shape wise. Hmm, I may even do it in CAD and get it printed by Shapeways. Yet another project to try :)

Edited by skyhawk174

I know it differs a bit from the Argentine A-4B or Q. Any help, photos from the top or dimensions would be greatly appreciated!!

If I may barge in, the dorsal avionics hump on the Singapore scooters looks quite like that on the Argentinean A-4Cs, which is different from that on the A-4Bs (Ps or Qs).

Here you are a picture from an A-4C build which shows this hump:

DSC06886_zpscb197a4c.jpg

Hope it is of use to your needs.

If I may barge in, the dorsal avionics hump on the Singapore scooters looks quite like that on the Argentinean A-4Cs, which is different from that on the A-4Bs (Ps or Qs).

Here you are a picture from an A-4C build which shows this hump:

DSC06886_zpscb197a4c.jpg

Hope it is of use to your needs.

It does and thanks!!

Ok while doing some hump research, I saw this thread right here on ARC.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=215524&st=0&p=2048718&hl=a-4su&fromsearch=1entry2048718

The hump there is way different than what is in the Achtung Japan set. It is more tear drop shape and I wonder if the one in the thread is the original and the Achtung Japan set is some sort of upgraded unit.

I have already got the shape of the part done up in my Solidworks program using the Achtung Japan image but have not done a thickness yet. Still have to figure out the actual size though. Once I get that I will send to Shapeways to figure out a cost to fab.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=215524&st=0&p=2048718&hl=a-4su&fromsearch=1entry2048718

The hump there is way different than what is in the Achtung Japan set. It is more tear drop shape and I wonder if the one in the thread is the original and the Achtung Japan set is some sort of upgraded unit.

I have already got the shape of the part done up in my Solidworks program using the Achtung Japan image but have not done a thickness yet. Still have to figure out the actual size though. Once I get that I will send to Shapeways to figure out a cost to fab.

As far as I can tell the Achtung shape is correct, I am working on get the correct shape done and will be casting resin copies.

As far as I can tell the Achtung shape is correct, I am working on get the correct shape done and will be casting resin copies.

Ok great news. I am now standing in line when you have them available for sale :)

I see that there are several other pieces on the Achtung set and some of them are obvious like the bent refuelling probe. Is there a quick list somewhere that tells you what needs to be added/removed from the Hasegawa kits to make it a true A-4SU? I would not presume to guess that the Singapore Air Force release of the Skyhawk from Hasegawa got everything correct.

Ok great news. I am now standing in line when you have them available for sale :)/>/>

I see that there are several other pieces on the Achtung set and some of them are obvious like the bent refuelling probe. Is there a quick list somewhere that tells you what needs to be added/removed from the Hasegawa kits to make it a true A-4SU? I would not presume to guess that the Singapore Air Force release of the Skyhawk from Hasegawa got everything correct.

The basic airframe is that of an A-4C. You'll need to add the hump, engine scoop, gun gas deflectors and new cockpit IP and HUD. The SU also has 4 chaff and flare dispensers so that has to be scratch built.

There are several walks rounds available online of the jets when they were on display at the Open Houses as well as those at the Air Force Museum. The only things you may have difficulty finding are photos of the cockpit.

Mark

Edit: Looks like I was wrong about the cockpit photos. Here's a photo of it.

http://www.jetthrustimages.com/img/s6/v139/p1086605957-6.jpg

Edited by gb_madcat_sl

The basic airframe is that of an A-4C. You'll need to add the hump, engine scoop, gun gas deflectors and new cockpit IP and HUD. The SU also has 4 chaff and flare dispensers so that has to be scratch built.

There are several walks rounds available online of the jets when they were on display at the Open Houses as well as those at the Air Force Museum. The only things you may have difficulty finding are photos of the cockpit.

Mark

Edit: Looks like I was wrong about the cockpit photos. Here's a photo of it.

Thanks Mark. That cockpit shot reminds me of an A-4M. Looks pretty advanced. I will go hunting and start the saving process :)

The hump on the link looks like it's for an A-4B, the Achtung one seems more accurate.