It's a couple of months off at least. The moldings are about complete. I've got my test shot a couple weeks ago. I'll be starting it soon (with a WIP here). My understanding is the decals and instructions are still in production..as well as the box design. They also need to mold the clear nose piece used on Memphis Belle. I don't have that piece yet, and will be receiving it later for my build.

Last I was told is that it's looking like summer, but I don't have any hard date.

It'll be available lots of places I'm sure.

12039755_1731678970450267_2370598292871689115_n_zps8nw6yn92.jpg

Thanks for the info. This is my second most wanted kit, so I can finally build a good rendition of the Belle. Here's why:

20160406_172145_zpshoooaso8.jpg

I received this when I was 6. I know its a G on the place mat but I don't care. My parents brought this home because I was angry that I couldn't go to the adult's dinner where Col. Morgan was speaking. They had him sign both to me and it's been a highly valued possession since.

Edited by falcon20driver

So I'm confused on this. Did they fix the nose circumference error or no? I've seen where it seems they have but I'm not real certain.

If so I wonder if you could buy the upgraded parts to modify for the late G release. Lots of cutting but still better than doing it yourself from scratch.

SDid they fix the nose circumference error or no?

Nope. At least according to the CAD renders they've released. Looks like the top of the nose is still circular ahead of the cockpit, rather than slightly flattened as it should be.

B-17F%20HK%2001.jpg

B-17F%20HK%2002.jpg

SN

I'm itching to grab this kit. Heck, I already ordered my decals for it. Does anyone in the know have information as to when it may be released and when it is, where to get it?

There is no date fixed yet. Decals have yet to be designed, and once that's done it will take at least several weeks to get them printed and shipped to HK. Looking at at least mid-summer or later at the earliest.

Latest word (directly from HK) is that the box will contain parts for the E and two variations (nose armament) of the F all in one.

Well that'll save me money trying to potentially buy nose and fuselage pieces.

I'm surprised no ones made a resin correction yet. But that may screw all the interior pieces up too.

Yes, it would. From frame 2 to aft of the cockpit enclosure would need to be retooled including the instrument panel and bulkhead and associated parts that fit within the turtledeck within that area.

Neil said May yesterday, but I don't know. I know I'm trying to get my hands on a pdf ot the finished instructions, and I'm not sure they are ready yet.

Also, the test shot already had the E and two F noses in it, and I'm going to be getting the Belle specific nose at some point.

They posted the box picture today and are still claiming a hopeful late May release. Maybe not, but hopefully they'll get them out. I've got another project right now but darn it if I'm not excited about this kit.

Maybe they'll source decals from someone with a little more tact in divulging what's going on behind closed doors and who will actually do the work?

Whenever it releases it will be worth the wait though. I'm already well into the test shot, and it's a great kit.

• 2 weeks later...