OKI new white toner printers

OKI introduces new printers with white toner! Three printers with the new white toner technology are the OKI Pro6410 NeonColor, OKI Pro9420 (A3) and OKI Pro7411WT (A4) will be able to print white. Of course this will be very interesting for printing decals. No price indication found yet.

Edited by DutchThud

2300 Euros!!!!

Sean

OUCH!!!!......give it time, like most electronic devices...time and advances will bring down the price, as for printing decals...will it be able to produce the same quality as folks like microscale, cartograph, etc.; at this point it's easier/cheaper to hand over $15-20 or less, and move on.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Its resolution is kind of low but the need to swap the black toner for white seems a bit odd to me.

There's not a lot to go on by just reading their marketing information, but it sounds like you'd have to print your white and colour, then swap out the white toner with black, and then feed the paper through again to print the black? Tricky getting that registration to work on the second pass. Athough I guess they could use 100% CMY to get a dark muddy colour that's sort of black.

But with all things CMYK printing, you're still going to be fighting with colour shifting and colour appromation. And you'll see the toner blending under close inspection.

I'm commenting without ever having seen a final print, but I still don't think it's going to compare to real spot colour, screen printed, decals.

Edited by RiderFan

I still don't think it's going to compare to real spot colour, screen printed, decals.

Nobody is expecting it to. It's a replacement for worn out, unsupported ALPS printers (and the OKI versions thereof).