Cool!! Make room for these guys...27th FIS out of Bangor, Maine:

27th%20FIS_zpso7ykew7r.jpg

This sheet is long out of production and hard to find :(/>

27th%20FISa_zpsbf0kg99t.jpg

If you do the "B" model Wing Commander bird...the lettering in "U.S. AIR FORCE" has ADC gray trim around them as they bisect the black and yellow stripes;

99W1F106_zps6ua03dq9.jpg

Convair%20F-106A%20Delta%20Dart%20flown%20by%20Captain%20Cliff%20Cole%20of%20the%2027th%20FIS%20Loring%20AFB%20ME%201968-1971_zpsdknn7rl6.jpg

I really don't have enough refs on these guys. I have a few overall shots, but no crew names or the other small details I'd need.

Here is another 49th FIS jet. I love Bicentennial markings!!

59-0076_49FIS_SHG.jpg

And what about Cornfield Bomber?

It is impossible to find any decals for this famous jet...

I have walkarounds of that jet, but I don't plan to add it to this sheet. You can use the basic markings from the commander's jet and basic black numbers to make the serial number.

This sheet is long out of production and hard to find :(/>/>/>

27th%20FISa_zpsbf0kg99t.jpg

Yes very nice squadron markings. Thank goodness I have that sheet :)/> I was planning on using the Trumpeter 2 seater kit to make use of those decals.

If you do the "B" model Wing Commander bird...the lettering in "U.S. AIR FORCE" has ADC gray trim around them as they bisect the black and yellow stripes;

99W1F106_zps6ua03dq9.jpg

Nice info on the grey trim. Not sure how to do that with the decal though.

Here's a sneak peek at some 106 decals coming your way. It'll be a mix of active-duty and ANG jets, with complete stencilling, crew names, paint barn logos, nose art, and, in some cases, drone kills, including 1 jet with 3 F-14 'kills.'

Coming soon at the Speed Hunter Graphics/Reid Air Publications website.

59-0080_49FIS_SHG.jpg

This is great news Jake. 49 FIS out of Griffis is one of my favourite F-106 Squadrons. I have about 6 of the Monogram kits so I could probably make use of the sheets.

Looking forward to more profiles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wondering how this sheet is coming?

It's essentially complete. I just need to fit it into the queue and get it done. It's a neat sheet. Lots of nose art and other special markings that will look great on a model.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2016 at 9:06 PM, BN7149 said:

Any chance of an updated 5th and/or 87th FIS option in 1/48?  Maybe even with command stripes?

-Ryan 

I ran out of room on the sheet for the 5th, but I have a great 87th there, complete with crew names, nose art, and some drone kills. 

7 hours ago, jmel said:

I ran out of room on the sheet for the 5th, but I have a great 87th there, complete with crew names, nose art, and some drone kills. 

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it!  Thank you for the reply, sir.

-Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I grew up in Rome, NY and spent many, many years on and off Griffiss AFB since Dad worked at then RADC (now Rome Lab).  Knew many ground crew attached to the 49th FIS (and still do).  If I ever get my house unpacked (living in an apartment now after relocating for a job), I'll have a look through my old Kodak prints and see what I can find in the way of 6's.  I never got onto the line at Griff but the Commander's Day airshows were always a great photo op.  I've also got a lot of photos of 52D's, G's and H's...  Not too many of the gas passers stationed there though (KC-135's). 

16 minutes ago, jmel said:

I don't know if it helps you, but I've sized my decals to the Trumpeter kit.

Your decals are what sparked my interest in building one, they're fantastic. However, I read some bad remarks on the trumpy '06 intakes and shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Two things.  

First, Monogram F-106A is still the best kit for the price in 1/48 scale.  

Second, any plans on doing the FL ANG "City of Jacksonville" bi-centennial bird!  One of the BEST bi-centennial c/s to go with the VX-4 F-4J "Vandy One" c/s. I assume that it would get a sheet all to itself.

R/

Dutch

• 1 month later...