The rumoured new 1/35th H-6.

The OH-6A Decals thread has featured some chat about this rumoured new kit of an H-6 in 1/35th scale so I thought I'd start this thread to gather all chat and information on this much hoped-for new model. No-one has actually said it is a definite release but there seem to be plenty of solid hints coming from the men-in-the-know to allow us Loach fans to dream. My guess is that Kitty Hawk will be the manufacturer but this is purely speculation on my part. It remains to be seen what exact version of the H-6 is released but if it is an OH-6A Cayuse, and if anyone here has any in-put into the possible details featured in this new kit, please ask the manufacturer to include the rear OH-6A doors with the small window. Accurate rear doors would allow modellers to build many National Guard, USBP, DEA, and Law Enforcement OH-6As. Tall skids would be a great option also but if I could ask for only one thing new over the Dragon kit, it would be the rear doors.

I never thought I'd see a new 1/35th OH-6A/500 series of kits so thanks to all who are working on this new model. :thumbsup:

LD.

Edited by Loach Driver

The Dragon 500 series are not that bad, i build a couple years ago an MD500E, but she requiered some mods.

I would love to have a new tool OH-6, and please, include a good detailed M27 armament system, so as an optional high skids, plus the door issue that LD points out.

Dont forget that we need first the long body UH-1D/H please.

Rod.

I'd like to see both enclosed and unenclosed miniguns, later style antennas for the tail boom and belly and ideally, both early and late IR supressors.

Hopefully the new kit will improve the fit of the windshield/canopy. That's always been an issue with the Dragon kit.

Edited by 11bee

I really wish I had even heard of this rumor before doing the decals for the "old" OOP Dragon kit. Figures.

If it makes you feel any better, the CAD shots show a later version AH-6 littlebird. Might be that the loach is further out.

Given that we haven't even seen CAD shots for the Huey, I'm guessing that one is even further out. :(

John, i saw some months ago CAD shots of the huey, dont remember where, but it shows a german style UH-1D, with lots of innacuracies, hope they fix those problems and see the final design.

Rod.

Didn't know that some CAD shots were released.

Disappointing to hear this, especially since KH has a track record of not addressing errors flagged in the CAD images. Given the experts here that are assisting, hopefully these will be fixed.

Didn't know that some CAD shots were released.

Disappointing to hear this, especially since KH has a track record of not addressing errors flagged in the CAD images. Given the experts here that are assisting, hopefully these will be fixed.

I take this very personally as I proof all CAD for Kitty Hawk helicopter kits in all scales. I take full responsibility for anything that is wrong, incorrect, not included, or is inaccurate. But just so you know I don't work alone. I enlist the worlds best subject matter experts. These early and very inaccurate CAD drawings are 'leaked' by someone trying to gauge interest or spark anticipation. I asked that they stop releasing early CAD drawings as they typically have many inaccurate items. You'll see the final CAD on the Werner's Wings Facebook page about a day before Kitty Hawk will officially announce it. They allow me this reward for doing the review. It takes a while to translate helicopter to CAD guys who are computer geeks and not helicopter experts. They can't tell the difference between models and country particular items. That is my job. It takes a long time to get it right.

I will neither confirm of deny the existence of any CAD for any helicopter. I will say that this next year or two will be very exciting from Kitty Hawk. You can thank me later.

Floyd

You can thank me later.

Floyd

I'll go a bit further and thank you now. Your effort on this is greatly appreciated by everyone here. I'm assuming you might have some other folks on your QC/QA team so I'll also extend that thank you to them as well.

Hope to see some tidbits released as soon as they pass muster.

Edited by 11bee

Whatever happens, I do hope for a good fit, especially around the canopy. Life is too short and goodfitting kits to plenty to spend time with putty and sanding sticks.

Cheers

Thorsten

Thorsten, One of the modelers here (I forget which one) had a trick. I believe he cut the fuselage frame off at the bottom, then glued the canopy in place. All he was left with was a small area to fill/sand at the bottom. Or something like that. It seemed to make this step much easier.

If anyone recalls the specifics, please post because I'll need this trick for an upcoming build.

I take this very personally as I proof all CAD for Kitty Hawk helicopter kits in all scales. I take full responsibility for anything that is wrong, incorrect, not included, or is inaccurate. But just so you know I don't work alone. I enlist the worlds best subject matter experts. These early and very inaccurate CAD drawings are 'leaked' by someone trying to gauge interest or spark anticipation. I asked that they stop releasing early CAD drawings as they typically have many inaccurate items. You'll see the final CAD on the Werner's Wings Facebook page about a day before Kitty Hawk will officially announce it. They allow me this reward for doing the review. It takes a while to translate helicopter to CAD guys who are computer geeks and not helicopter experts. They can't tell the difference between models and country particular items. That is my job. It takes a long time to get it right.

I will neither confirm of deny the existence of any CAD for any helicopter. I will say that this next year or two will be very exciting from Kitty Hawk. You can thank me later.

Floyd

As with John, I will also thank you for your efforts on these proposed new kits. With both yourself and some of the other extremely well-informed individuals on this forum who are contributing to these models, I have little doubt that the new models will raise the bar as far as accurate 1/35th scale helo kits go. Keep up the good work. No-one will be building an early CAD. Let's wait till we get some plastic in our hands before we cast judgement. I, for one, am delighted to hear that a new H-6 and long-body Huey are on the cards. :thumbsup:

LD.

Floyd

Thank you for your effort in making this kits. We all appreciate that someone finally heard us all that we needed a legend, the Bell UH-1D/H in the big scale. I prefer that the huey can be released first.

Rod.

Floyd

An accurate D/H Huey is a dream come true of mine so I will also extend many thanks. I've waited so long for this!!

Let's rememeber no kit is perfect and we are lucky to have such a fine team working on bringing these dreams into fruition. If anyone is going to nail it - it will be Floyd and his team.

Thanks again.

Chris B.

I agree totally with What everyone has already said. I'm glad that there are people like Floyd and his team that want an accurate model and not just a box of plastic sprues thrown together and called something based on inaccurate or questionable information.

The past 10 years has seen an increase in helicopter models and aftermarket accessories. There's no telling what the next few years are going to hold, but with people like Floyd and Chris in our helo-hangar forum helping to bring accuracy to modeling, it will be great.

A new tooled H-60 would be nice. Just sayin!

I'll even build the new UH-1 when it comes out. (Somebody get me some mouthwash, I can't believe I just said that!!! 😀

Tim

I would also like to thank Floyd for his efforts on behalf of accuracy up front. This cannot be the easiest of jobs especially with the language barrier to overcome.

Anyway, I will welcome both kits someday either 1/48th or 1/35th, especially the Huey. Anything done right is well worth the wait!

Jim

Amen. Regardless of what you're working on, Floyd, I know your hard work is very much appreciated.

If I can offer my wants list:

- correct OH-6a doors

- nicely-fitting windscreen

- scale-ish rivet detail

- a civilian 500C/369HS build option with high skids

I will jump on the bandwagon here, I think Floyd does outstanding work, with Kittyhawk and on his own products.

I wish I could support you with actual subject matter, but I can only support you and Kitty Hawk's choppers with my wallet.

Keep up the good work Floyd, your efforts are appreciated.

Posted on Facebook by Floyd today.

"Guess what Kitty Hawk's next release is going to be in 1/35th scale? AH-6J. Accurate outline, cockpit including MFDs, choice of armament either M-134s, M-260 pods or GAU-19, complete engine. This is not the final version but it is very close. There are things on here that are being tweaked."

13064507_1102921463086069_2720709293960701288_o.jpg

Mark