Kitty Hawk's upcoming 48th Scale Su-22M-3 & M-4

• 2 months later...

I hate that argument. It is just white noise. Of course there is no such thing as perfect anything. Doesnt excuse Kitty Hawk from making blatant mistakes, unwillingness to pay attention and general laziness.

On 15/11/2016 at 0:51 AM, ReccePhreak said:

I doubt it, since HobbyBooBoo doesn't do that much research. :closedeyes:

They just download some iffy drawings and a few photos from the internet.

Just my 2¢.

Larry

Well given they picked up the stuff AMK missed on the Mig-31 what do you propose to call AMK from now on?

My pros:

- the proportions and overall shapes look ok to me

- option to drop the slats and flaps that HB doesn't seem to have

- surface detailing looks nice

My cons:

- missing "rounded corners" on windscreen... no biggy as easy to fix but I find weird the CAD had them

- front landing gear is too compressed... not too big issue again

- I don't expect the kit to be cheap at all

I'm going to buy and build one. More of them if I'm happy enough.

Oh, I just wish a smaller scale version would surface as well. But... it's not the subject of this discussion.

Interesting, how much work they've done in order to scan the real aircraft. Can't be bad, especially when the basic shape looks pretty nice.

Okay, details off here and there, like the windscreen. I've studied these late Fitters quite a lot, but I suppose they didn't have two types pf windscreen side windows a la MiG-21bis? I strongly think that was not the case. So, some corrections obviously ahead.

2 hours ago, janman said:

Interesting, how much work they've done in order to scan the real aircraft. Can't be bad, especially when the basic shape looks pretty nice.

Well it seems they didn't scan: 

Also what I find strange is the regression between the CAD and the plastic:

cadVsKit.jpg

Still the shapes look better than the HB to my eyes. And for a 1/72 kit, well I hope that Modelsvit is thinking about it !

Okay, sorry. I thought I had read everything. I stand corrected! Actually, it felt way too good to happen anyway.

It just blows my mind how hard it is to design an accurate windscreen for a (usually Soviet!) aircraft! We don't even need a list to prove that... Especially when you already got it right at the beginning!  :gr_eek2: