Kitty Hawk's upcoming 48th Scale Su-22M-3 & M-4

10 hours ago, Laurent said:

Well it seems they didn't scan: 

Also what I find strange is the regression between the CAD and the plastic:

cadVsKit.jpg

Still the shapes look better than the HB to my eyes. And for a 1/72 kit, well I hope that Modelsvit is thinking about it !

Ooff! Just dug out the Kopro kit and the screen on that looks like the (actual) KH one -no way out there then! Apart from some 'creative' masking... :angry:

1 hour ago, ReccePhreak said:

Probably $5 - $10, unless you find someone who either knows nothing about the new kit, or likes building old kits. :hmmm:

Unless I am totally off-base, he was asking what the msrp would be of the Kitty Hawk kit, not the older kits he has in his stash.

6 minutes ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Stock for this kit arrived at my LHS today. Got if for about $39.

SGD or USD? Me want !

BTW Etendard IV also or not yet ?

Edited by Laurent
7 hours ago, ijozic said:

Yeah, I was inquiring about its price as I could only find it on Hobby Easy which I don't consider representative.

?? Too high or too low?

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
19 hours ago, Gene K said:

?? Too high or too low?

Gene K

Laurent is right, I mistakenly wrote Hobby Easy (HK) instead of Hobby Search (Japan) which I was referring to, sorry. Usually, they're among the first to post prices for new kits, but the prices in Japanese stores (probably due to import tax) are higher than what they can be found later on (e.g. for the KH Su-17 it's 72 USD).

Edited by ijozic
4 hours ago, Gene K said:

?? Too high or too low?

Gene K

Chinese model kits are more expensive in Japan.  Whether it's because of duties or wholesalers, I don't know, but they typically are.  For example, the AMK Limited Edition MiG is $60 at Hobby Easy (Hong Kong), $80 at Hobby Search (Japan).  The KH Banshee is $40 at Hobby Easy, $60 at Hobby Search.  

So HSJ/HLJ would be overpriced compared to Lucky Model/HobbyEasy/SealModel and the like.