Kitty Hawk's newest 1/35th scale helicopters- AH-6J and MH-6J

I'm pleased to announce the impending release of two new Little Birds in 1/35th from Kitty Hawk. The first should be the AH-6J and that will be followed up by the MH-6J. I'm not in charge of the release schedule. I just proof the CAD and make marking recommendations. These kits will have complete interiors and engine compartments. The CAD has been developed from actual -10s, the operator's manual for those not in the US Army, real aircraft and first hand accounts.

The AH-6J will include two M-134s, two M-260 seven shot pods and the optional GAU-19 gun. The AH-6J will include MFDs in the cockpit.

The MH-6J will have the common type of operator bench along with the early FRIES system.

For those who want to see the kits they are on my personal and Werner's Wings Facebook pages and will be on Kitty Hawk's page tomorrow. They have allowed me to announce new helicopter kits on my pages. These CAD drawings are not finished yet but are very close. Close enough that we are able to share them.

If these sell well there will be more helicopters in this scale. We are already working on at least four other helicopters, many on your short lists. It is going to be good to be a helicopter modeler.

Floyd

AH-6J Photos

persp3_zpsqbzwdqos.jpg

bottom_zpsztfyqo2r.jpg

persp2_zps6cau5rof.jpg

front_zpsmjamtetk.jpg

persp5_zpslc9pjijw.jpg

MH-6J Photos

02_zpsqtdyzfza.jpg

04_zpsg7jfuq4o.jpg

08_zpswpixctjq.jpg

09_zpsb8zeyo8b.jpg

08_zpswpixctjq.jpg

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

I'm pleased to announce the impending release of two new Little Birds in 1/35th from Kitty Hawk. The first should be the AH-6J and that will be followed up by the MH-6J. I'm not in charge of the release schedule. I just proof the CAD and make marking recommendations. These kits will have complete interiors and engine compartments. The CAD has been developed from actual -10s, the operator's manual for those not in the US Army, real aircraft and first hand accounts.

The AH-6J will include two M-134s, two M-260 seven shot pods and the optional GAU-19 gun. The AH-6J will include MFDs in the cockpit.

The MH-6J will have the common type of operator bench along with the early FRIES system.

For those who want to see the kits they are on my personal and Werner's Wings Facebook pages and will be on Kitty Hawk's page tomorrow. They have allowed me to announce new helicopter kits on my pages. These CAD drawings are not finished yet but are very close. Close enough that we are able to share them.

If these sell well there will be more helicopters in this scale. We are already working on at least four other helicopters, many on your short lists. It is going to be good to be a helicopter modeler.

Floyd

Simply fantastic news!

Looks great Floyd. Any details you can share about whether the kit comes w any PE, specifically seat belts? That Eduard set for the OH-6 is hard to find. Hopefully the OH-6A isn't far behind.....

BTW, do you know if these kits will come with doors? I'd love to use one as the basis for that Seaspray MD500.

This is awesome. Im in for the AH-6J, hope this kit beats the Dragon kit.

I want to see the 1/35 UH-1H too. Please make us all happy!

This already beats the Dragon kit for accuracy and detail. As far as the other thing goes, you never know. Maybe, maybe not. What do you think?

Hopefully with some pilots included?

I doubt it but I'm not in charge of that.

Great news but please, no open access panels for engines etc.

I am not in charge of design but I'd bet they will be separate panels, but I don't know for sure.

Great news Floyd! I guess I'll be buying a Ah-6 now. Hope one of those in the works helos is a new tooled H-60!!!

Again you never know what they will want next. Stay tuned. I suspect we'll have another 1/35th scale announcement in about a month or so. The next aircraft is almost done in CAD.

Looks great Floyd. Any details you can share about whether the kit comes w any PE, specifically seat belts? That Eduard set for the OH-6 is hard to find. Hopefully the OH-6A isn't far behind.....

BTW, do you know if these kits will come with doors? I'd love to use one as the basis for that Seaspray MD500.

I can not address if they will come with PE but I suspect they will come with seatbelts. Don't quote me. That is outside my scope. You never know on an OH-6A. Seems like it would be easy. We'll see how these two sell. It will have doors. At least I've seen them on the CAD drawings so I suspect they will be there.

My dream list:

1- UH-1H 1/35

2- AH-1F 1/35

3- AH-64A/D 1/35

4- AH-6/MD500D/E/OH-6A 1/35

5- BELL 206B/OH-58A/C 1/35

6- UH-60A/L 1/35

7- Bell 412 1/35

We all helicopter modellers are happy you are making this kits, hope they sell well and see more in the near future.

Congratulations to Kitty Hawk and Werner Wings.

Cant wait to see the next announcement.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

This is great news. Looking at the side-views, it looks to be very accurate. Skid height looks spot-on, overall shape looks good and the main blades aren't as skinny and under-scale like the Dragon kit. :thumbsup:

Maybe some of the parts from the various versions released by Dragon can be used to convert this into versions like the TOW-Defender, MMS-Defender or MD500E or 530F. Great news all around and fingers-crossed for an OH-6A. That version will be a good seller so it is hard to see KH not releasing a Loach. Thanks to all for the work invested in this project.

LD.