Kitty Hawk's newest 1/35th scale helicopters- AH-6J and MH-6J

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I would think around the 10th if I were a betting man.  As far as raised versus recessed I'm not sure.  We'll see.

Floyd

Maybe a little later.  Slightly shifted a couple of weeks but this month.

Floyd

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2017 at 2:41 PM, DarkKnight said:

i can't wait for the inevitable, Dragon  vs. KH comparison, Im buying 4 of these when they come out, I gotta get pilots too, 36869313070_9e8e4164c4_o.jpg.7de326e527bdca023382cd5949d4a6ce.jpg

That figure is so cool what is it

8 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Oh yeah, some 1/35 160th SOAR aircrew in Somalia gear would be awesome. Both little birds and hawks pilots and crew chiefs. I'll be buying this kit for sure!

Tim

yes, Im definitely wanting pilots with night vision goggles and somalia gear along with modern

Still went with the inverted dimples instead of correct raised rivets.  Ugh...   Waiting for the comments about how it actually looks quite nice, is appropriate for the scale, not noticeable, etc. etc.  Don't see this with any other manufacturer, everyone else these days seems able to replicate minute surface detail accurately, especially in the larger scales.   Just a sneak preview of what their 35th Huey will have to offer if / whenever it arrives, I suppose.  

I'd love to hear from KH about their rational for this.  Was it just a design error due to lack of attention, did it save them some money on the tooling (I'd think just the opposite),  or do they think it actually looks better?  

Edited by 11bee

Looks awesome, cant wait to see the sprue shots in detail. BTW, the skid tubes are a little bit thick, they look like the modern ones that the M model uses, ill have to use the Dragon skids to make the little bird from gothic serpet era.

Rod.

2 hours ago, 11bee said:

Still went with the inverted dimples instead of correct raised rivets.  Ugh...   Waiting for the comments about how it actually looks quite nice, is appropriate for the scale, not noticeable, etc. etc.  Don't see this with any other manufacturer, everyone else these days seems able to replicate minute surface detail accurately, especially in the larger scales.   Just a sneak preview of what their 35th Huey will have to offer if / whenever it arrives, I suppose.  

I'd love to hear from KH about their rational for this.  Was it just a design error due to lack of attention, did it save them some money on the tooling (I'd think just the opposite),  or do they think it actually looks better?  

Pllleeeaaasse no inverted rivets on the 1/35 Huey....

Not sure why as even on the KH 1/48 Huey there are some seriously small and impressive raised rivets on the centre radio IP between the pilots so not sure why they go with the recessed rivets where it counts on the airframes

11 hours ago, salvador001 said:

, the skid tubes are a little bit thick,

I'll have to check.  I know I measured the skid tubes on an actual MH-6J.

10 hours ago, 11bee said:

Does the FRIES rig on the MH look a little skimpy?

The MH-6J was significantly thinner than the MH-6M ones.  Noticeably thinner.  

Floyd

I've got some questions about Little Birds and what can be built from this kit. What are the differences between the AH-6J, the MH-6J and the MH-6M versions? Does anyone know which versions can be built from this kit. Many thanks.

Chuck