Kitty Hawk's newest 1/35th scale helicopters- AH-6J and MH-6J

You can build either an AH-6J or an MH-6J from this kit.  Both are versions from about the time of Op Gothic Serpent (Somalia '93) till the early 2000s.  Both are based on the MD 500E, with a single, five-bladed main rotor, two bladed tail rotor and a “T” tail.  

The AH-6J is the gunship version with a weapons plank and can be armed with two M134 7.62mm miniguns, two M260 7-shot Hydra 70 2.75” FFAR pods, two M261 19-shot Hydra 70 2.75” FFAR pods, four AGM-114 Hellfire anti-tank missiles, four FIM-92 Stinger air-to-air missiles, two Mk-19 40 mm automatic grenade launchers, two .50 caliber machine guns, two GAU-19 .50 caliber 3-barrel rotary machine gun, or almost any combination of the above. 

AH6.jpg

The MH-6J is unarmed but has planks on both sides that carry troops.

md-ah6-mh6-little-bird_3-1.jpg

The H-6M is the latest version and is based on the MD 530F, which has a single, six-bladed main rotor, a four-bladed tail rotor, the “T” tail, and an enlarged rear door opening.

It also comes in the AH and MH versions.

865bd3cbdbcee966b08c4fcb25baf30f.jpg

3afc48a59d70a86e4b103da79c7f91ff.jpg

d2e3c52041bd290fb678c42adf27e12b.jpg

Thanks for the info. Looking at the posted instructions for the kit, it comes with 6 blades, but only the 5 blade rotor head. I've got the Black Ops Models AH-6J Conversion which contains the 6 blade head & the 4 bladed tail rotor, hopefully that will fix those issues. Looks like a really nice kit. Thanks again.

Chuck

52 minutes ago, otis252 said:

I've got the Black Ops Models AH-6J Conversion which contains the 6 blade head & the 4 bladed tail rotor...

You mean the Black ops AH-6M conversion.  It should work well with the KH kit and look really good.  I too noticed the 6 rotor blades in the kit.  Hopefully they are a hint at a future H-6M kit from KH.

Yes, you are correct, it is the AH-6M set. A Facebook post a little while ago from somebody that seems to be connected and building a test shot says more MH-6M kits will be coming. Let's hope so, thanks again for your great info!

Chuck

Anybody notice that KH instruction designer screwed up the first aircraft?  They depict a six bladed main and four bladed tail rotor.  Maybe something is in the works that I don't know about.  I don't know for sure but there are a lot of differences between the J and the M.  I'll try to stay on top of that IF it develops.

Floyd

I saw that too Floyd, and the 6 rotor blades on the sprues.  Hopefully they are foreshadowing a future release.  Also, look at the test build pics.  The MH-6 has the larger rear door openings of an M, but the rest is a J.  Hmm.

22555375_1604419666276980_98666888559944

7 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

I saw that too Floyd, and the 6 rotor blades on the sprues.  Hopefully they are foreshadowing a future release.  Also, look at the test build pics.  The MH-6 has the larger rear door openings of an M, but the rest is a J.  Hmm.

22555375_1604419666276980_98666888559944

I just checked the link from above (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10490885) and saw that those wider openings for the "M" need to be cut out during the build. So you can do the "J" version without any problems.

Looks really good overall! Maybe I'll switch over from 1/72 to 1/35 at least once in my life to build this Killer-Egg!

HAJO

That offer on Ebay might be as good a price as we will see for this kit. 

I had a look at the instructions in some of the earlier links on this page. The breakdown of the skids is "interesting" and a home-mage jig of some kind might be useful to make sure the skids are flat and in line with the airframe. Also, the cockpit/engine assembly that is sandwiched between the two fuselage halves looks to be crammed with detail.! :thumbsup:

LD.

14 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Freetime hobbies has them on preorder for $ 36.95. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Here's the link

https://freetimehobbies.com/1-35-kitty-hawk-model-ah-6j-little-bird-nightstalkers-preorder/

Tim

That's a good price. May have to get one from them too. I have two Dragon kits and a Black Ops conversion... so one may be enough for now.

On ‎28‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 10:04 AM, Loach Driver said:

I had a look at the instructions in some of the earlier links on this page. The breakdown of the skids is "interesting" and a home-mage jig of some kind might be useful to make sure the skids are flat and in line with the airframe. Also, the cockpit/engine assembly that is sandwiched between the two fuselage halves looks to be crammed with detail.! :thumbsup:

LD.

Exactly what I was thinking. Same thing on the KH Dauphin: countless parts that build up the cabin and engine compartment, in the end virtually impossible to get the fuselage halves around...

Looks like a trend: on Revell's new 1:32 EC135 one has to leave interior parts out to save space. Let's hope KH improved on this  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...