Songs which mention military aircraft

In Oz in the 80's we had a music show called Countdown - http://www.countdownmemories.com/beginning_index.html, hosted by Molly Meldrum. Recently there was a TV show about his life and Countdown (yes, Molly is a bloke), and the release of a 3 CD set of old songs from the era.

Listening to these songs while driving about, I realised one of them makes reference to a particular military a/c which I'd not realised - see if you can pick it:

Others that come to mind are:

and

Any others?

There are quite a few I would think...more then we probably are aware of. Off the top of my head the Christmas song "Run Run Rudolph" refers to the Sabre jet. Of course Iron Maiden's "Aces High" mentions the spitfire and is one of my favorites. There was an orchestra that did a piece called "Me-262" IIRC. Jesse McCartney did a song about the Gulfstream G5 called "Leaving". I am sure more will come to me...probably at 3AM when I can't sleep :lol: .

:cheers:

Off the top of my head the Christmas song "Run Run Rudolph" refers to the Sabre jet.

When Keith Richards did

in 1978, he updated it to a Phantom jet.

Guy obviously knows his jets. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

RUSH also did this beauty, with some really in flight shots of NASA airframes.........OK its NASA and not really military but who cares, good song........Countdown

Edited by phantom

This Rush song and the video truly represent why we fought WW2. To stop the evil of Nazism. Warning, it contains Hollywood images of the Holocaust. Something family members of Geddy Lee suffered though.

More army then air force , But VERY moving. Warning this video is not for children and may bring a tear to your eye.<div><br></div><div><br></div><div> Red Sector A - YouTube

</div>

Edited by phantom

This Rush song and the video truly represent why we fought WW2. To stop the evil of Nazism. Warning, it contains Hollywood images of the Holocaust. Something family members of Geddy Lee suffered though.

More army then air force , But VERY moving. Warning this video is not for children and may bring a tear to your eye.<div><br></div><div><br></div><div> Red Sector A - YouTube

</div>

We watched that movie, Band of Brothers. Excellent and very moving.

In Canada in the 1980s, there was Gary 'O and his song "Shades of '45" about the Enola Gay:

Here is the video with a much music intro.....from like 31 years ago!!!! Dang I am getting old.