Zvezda 7310 1/72 MiG-29 Strizhi

27cacfbed7.jpg

Looks like Zvezda is reboxing their great MiG-29C kit with Strizhi decals. I imagine this will supplant their other MiG-29 Strizhi kit with the less-than-great Nakotne sprues.

According to Scalemates.com, it will have six options, all from 2015 to present. Still, I wish they'd include at least one option for the old 1990's color scheme. I thought the white, blue, and black looked cooler, but Russian colors will always win out.

Zvezda's website is rather vague on the release so far to say the least. Just a single stock photo of a MiG-29UB in Strizhi colors.

Yes, it will be new sprues 9-13, i'm fit decals exactly to this model.

And BTW 9-12 never use in new style Swift painting.

Edited by kotey

The spine profile on the box art looks convex so it is a 9-13 to me at least.

OK, I was just hoping that something happend at Zvezda HQ and just months after the 9-13 they did release the 9-12 (all new tool) taking the Strizhi celebration as a perfect opportunity to release the new kit.

People do hope for miracles!!! B)

So it will be only after the Su-33 and the Su-27P that the 9-12 will be released.

Best regards

Gabor

And BTW 9-12 never use in new style Swift painting.

I have seen the Strizhi fly several times in the past decade/decades but since it is such a special scheme and very far from operational camo never did care much about them! The flying was nice but that is all. I am sure it will be a gold mine for Zvezda with kids at different home shows, sorry not for me.

Will waite for the 9-12 or the UB if there ever going to be one. For the moment will build the 9-13 in one of those early weathered schemes. :woot.gif:/> Have to dig out my photos of the 9-13's in Hungary.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Initial Swifts operate 9.12 and 9.51 in early style painting:

4kaShassy.jpg

in early 2000 add few 9.13 in some varioation of early style painting:

%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%9C%D0%B8%D0%93-29-%D0%A1%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B6%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0-1200.jpg

starting 2003 9.12 were retired, 9.13 and 9.51 has new style painting

117570499.jpg

Edited by kotey

Actually during this decal design i'm clearly seen that decal mast fit for exacltly model. in 1/48 - it will be GWH 9-12 and 9-13, maybe Academy UB. But for what model fit decal for 1/72 - Zvezda 9-13 will already in this model with comprehensive decal, Zvezda 9-12 and UB will produce not so fast.

Initial Swifts operate 9-12 and 9-15 in early style painting:

4kaShassy.jpg

in early 2000 add few 9-13 in some varioation of early style painting:

%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%9C%D0%B8%D0%93-29-%D0%A1%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B6%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0-1200.jpg

starting 2003 9-12 were retired, 9-13 and UBs has new style painting

117570499.jpg

Never mind us modeler, the real aircraft looks to be a masking nightmare.

So, now in Rostov, tomorrow in Lobnya, wery soon at every shops.

Decals for new 7310 MiG-29 9-13 Swifts decals as colourfull background for Begemot domestic cat Simona.

WP_20160424_001.jpg

And same Simona on guards of old Zvezda MiG-29 Swifts decals - it were about year ago.

WP_20150923_001.jpg

A Cat on the lookout for Swifts ????

BTW, the 'lightning bolt' on the fin of the Strizhi MiG-29 actually spells out the word 'MiG' in Cyrillic.

Not a lot of people know that (said in a Michael Cain voice)

Ken

PS - I that the derivation of your name Kotey ?? (Kot)

Looks fantasic!!! I mean the guard Simona! When will we have decals of her?? :D/> :D/> :D/>

The decal looks good! So in one day from Rostov na Donu to Lobnja near Moscow? That is fast!

Like the idea of leaving out completely the red colour and adding white border to the blue! :thumbsup:

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Ken, Kotey nickname were made many years ago - one of system administartor at big company, where i''m worked before Begemot, give network names by surname and name (first three leteter of surname and two last form name) Kotey - KOTkov andrEY.

Gobor, Russia is big country (actually when in school our teacher sayd - our country, the USSR placed on 1\6 of all all land on the planet the earth - just look at globus), but tommorow morning decals will be in Moscow and will deliver to Lobnya.

Edited by kotey

As i know next release will be MiG-29SMT

Awesome! I imagine the 9-13 sold very well then. I heard that Zvezda would release the other Fulcrum variants only if the 9-13 sold well enough. I imagine Simona is the official vice president of Begemot as well as resident decal guardian.

Awesome! I imagine the 9-13 sold very well then. I heard that Zvezda would release the other Fulcrum variants only if the 9-13 sold well enough. I imagine Simona is the official vice president of Begemot as well as resident decal guardian.

I've bought half a dozen myself.