Zvezda 7310 1/72 MiG-29 Strizhi

• 2 weeks later...

anybody seen the new Zvezda MiG-29 in the states yet?

As of late, I haven't seen many Zvezda kits in US hobby stores. Their 1/72 Su-34 brought back the old "Any sales of this kit outside the former USSR are illegal" message they had on their kits from the late 90's/early 2000's. Not sure if it's a political thing or what. I've had to order them off Ebay and Russian hobby stores.

Edited by beingthehero

As of late, I haven't seen many Zvezda kits in US hobby stores. Their 1/72 Su-34 brought back the old "Any sales of this kit outside the former USSR are illegal" message they had on their kits from the late 90's/early 2000's. Not sure if it's a political thing or what. I've had to order them off Ebay and Russian hobby stores.

It's because that kit is a rebox of the Italeri kit, and that's probably part of their agreement with Italeri about distribution and reboxing - they can't sell their rebox outside of their contract area.

It's because that kit is a rebox of the Italeri kit, and that's probably part of their agreement with Italeri about distribution and reboxing - they can't sell their rebox outside of their contract area.

This one is not, though. It's a reboxing of the newly tooled kit they just released.

This is true of the Italeri kits which Zvezda market in Russia under the Zvezda logo. They are not allowed to sell them outside Russia. This was shown to us on the visit to Zvezda few years ago.

On the other hand there are Zvezda kits which have a Russian box and they also have the Not to be sold outside Russia sign on them. Dont ask me what the reason for this. It is true that the Zvezda kits in Russia in those days had a very different retail price to that in the West for the same kit. So this could be one of the reasons.

The Strizhi kit is the same plastic as the one released in January this year.

Best regards

Gabor

I bought the new Su-27SM at my LHS and Stevens international has a huge listing of Zvezda kits available. I guess eh slow boat from Russia hasn't made it to the US yet.

I have a few Zvezda kits that have that on the box, 'not to be sold outside former USSR'. Plenty have. Bought most of mine off Ebay etc.

The original laws of distribution and dividing markets according to countries did work in the past but with internet, e Bay, internet shops . . . this is no longer valid. The traditional retail law of “buy low, sell high” is working now and lots of people utilize it, they buy the kits locally at a domestic price and sell them on the internet at an international price or simply on the basis that they have it while in other parts of the world it is simply not available. There is nothing wrong with this! It is true of Russia, of ex Soviet Union countries, of China . . . and almost every other country where there are kits, products, aftermarkets, decals are available only locally.

In this case the “only to be sold locally” law restriction will not be enforceable. One solution is that the manufacturer makes local boxing of the kit but surely this will not hold back most modellers from getting the plastic they want so bad. :D/> :D/>

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

I can say more - bottle of vodka in alkoshop not so far my home cost a half of price, than same bottle in any shop in Europe (i suppose in the USA prise is higher, than in Eurorpe). So, it is not fair prices for any product. :cheers:/>

Edited by kotey

I can say more - bottle of vodka in alkoshop not so far my home cost a half of price, than same bottle in any shop in Europe (i suppose in the USA prise is higher, than in Eurorpe). So, it is not fair prices for any product. :cheers:/>/>

Then again, here in the Netherlands Heineken is generally considered cheap swill you only drink when there's no proper beer around. ;-)

Cheers,

Andre

They're in Canada now, picked mine up yesterday.

I'm not really big on modern or Russian stuff, but the kit is too nice to skip.