1/72 B-1B aftermarket

The short answer, I'm afraid, may be YES...but a lot of searching and money may be involved. If you can track either down, Goffy Models' superb cockpit (everything from the cra- er, sorry, toilet, to the eyeball air-vents all beautifully cast) and Cutting Edge featherless exhausts are worth having if you can re-mortgage; both are long OOP, AFAIK.

Happy hunting!

Barracuda Cast said that they'd be scaling down some of their 1/48 scale resins sets to 1/72 this year. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I do hope that they will follow through on that. It would definitely save me a lot of work!

Cheers, Hoops

Is there any resin out there to update the monogram kit current standards ?

Wolfpack had several upgrade items listed a month back as future releases, but then they disappeared. I assuming that means that they're not going to be released now. Too bad.... I was ready to order a couple of sets :bandhead2: Fred K.

Barracuda Cast said that they'd be scaling down some of their 1/48 scale resins sets to 1/72 this year. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I do hope that they will follow through on that. It would definitely save me a lot of work!

Cheers, Hoops

I'll second this suggestion, I have the Lightning set from Barracuda and it is Fabulous!!!!! :jaw-dropping:

So, come on Barracuda do the exhausts and your detail set and anything else you can think of for the 72nd Bone!!! :pray::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wolfpack had several upgrade items listed a month back as future releases, but then they disappeared. I assuming that means that they're not going to be released now. Too bad.... I was ready to order a couple of sets :bandhead2:/> Fred K.

I think it's safe to say that Wolfpack decided against it, unfortunately.

• 2 months later...

From the Barracuda Studios Facebook page circa a month ago (just found it myself, and ow is my wallet going to hurt!):

Time for a big announcement! This has been years in the making and all of the pattern work has finally been completed. Barracuda Studios is proud to announce a complete suite of corrections and upgrades for the Monogram B-1B kit in 1/72nd scale!

The target release date is the IPMS/USA Nationals in early August. We will NOT be accepting pre-orders until the sets are in production and almost ready to ship, so we are talking early August. Do not worry, we will not run out! :-)

Parts will include:

New accurate nose

Tailcone with radar and decoy fairings

Complete intakes

Extensive rear nacelle/wing trailing edge correction

Early and late exhaust nozzles

Main and nose wheels

wing seals

Sniper pod

This should make for a pretty spectacular Bone!

Happy modelling! Roy

Sounds like it will be great. And expensive! But having done work arounds on just some of these items years ago, it should be worth the price in just time saved alone! And since I sold that model (appeared in FineScale Modeler) years ago, I've got to build another for my collection. So, I'll be buying one of Roy's!

From the Barracuda Studios Facebook page circa a month ago (just found it myself, and ow is my wallet going to hurt!):

Time for a big announcement! This has been years in the making and all of the pattern work has finally been completed. Barracuda Studios is proud to announce a complete suite of corrections and upgrades for the Monogram B-1B kit in 1/72nd scale!

The target release date is the IPMS/USA Nationals in early August. We will NOT be accepting pre-orders until the sets are in production and almost ready to ship, so we are talking early August. Do not worry, we will not run out! :-)

Parts will include:

New accurate nose

Complete intakes

Main and nose wheels

wing seals

Sniper pod

Happy modelling! Roy

Thank the maker (Roy) Finally! :banana:/> :banana:/> :banana:/> :banana:/>

Parts will include:

New accurate nose

Complete intakes

Main and nose wheels

wing seals

Sniper pod

Happy modelling! Roy

I guess this guarantees a new tooled B-1 kit will now be released within the next year.

Regards,

Murph

HUH??....A joke or did I miss something??

A joke. It seems that whenever somebody goes to that much trouble of issuing correction sets or a herculean scratchbuild it's usually followed in a short period of time by a manufacturer issuing a kit that addresses the issue.

Regards,

Murph

I think the B-1B is due for a new tool (in both scales). The Monogram kit is very looooong in the tooth, still fetches a pretty penny to get, and the cost involved in making a fairly accurate middle-to-current-life BONE isn't cheap by the time you add up all the AM materials. Probably more expensive then what a new tool kit would cost. With a new tool 1/72 B-52 on the way as well as a 1/72 C-17 you just have to think that a new tool BONE is just around the corner. Fingers crossed.

:cheers:

I would love to see a new tooled B-1. I guess I had better hurry along the process by buying all the resin aftermarket, right?

Caracal's B-1 Decals in 1/72 should be out later this year also if I remember right.

Cheers, Hoops

I hope the intakes are offered as a separate item. I can image they'd add significantly to the cost for those who might otherwise want to display their B-1 with intake covers. Either way, I'm buying it!

Edited by thegoodsgt

With Kinetic having a go at a 1/72 C-17 the listing of 1/72 aircraft needing accurate retools is huge.

Love Roy's resin and picked up his 48th B-1 stuff and it's lovely thankfully the 48th kit is a far better starting point than any of the 72nd kits which are all B-1A's.

Imagine a boom in new tool 72nd biggish aircraft.

B-1,B-52(announced),B-58,B-47,C-130 etc etc etc.

Starting to think that 72nd big aircraft could be about to start its Renaissance with everyone tripping over each other in 48th and so many legendary aircraft awaiting retool.

I would love to see a new tooled B-1. I guess I had better hurry along the process by buying all the resin aftermarket, right?

Caracal's B-1 Decals in 1/72 should be out later this year also if I remember right.

Cheers, Hoops

I had the B-1B sheet scheduled for November, but it now looks like I will release it as soon as September.

The short answer, I'm afraid, may be YES...but a lot of searching and money may be involved. If you can track either down, Goffy Models' superb cockpit (everything from the cra- er, sorry, toilet, to the eyeball air-vents all beautifully cast) and Cutting Edge featherless exhausts are worth having if you can re-mortgage; both are long OOP, AFAIK.

Happy hunting!

Indeed. I got over $200 on eBay for my Goffy Models pit. Starting bid was $6.