Roden 1/144 C-141

No, but I've been to bases that made you feel that way.

The "A" model was an impressive thing to be on. That guy would almost leap into the sky. The only problem was that if it had been sitting on the ramp long enough and they kept the A/C running a flood of water could come from the upper bunk area that was located in the front of the cargo bay near the top of the fuselage. I got doused a couple times during T.D.Y.s.

That ship, like the C-5, always looked best in its Grey & white paint scheme.

You must have walked up hill both ways, barefoot, through the snow to school, eh? smile.gif

Didn't we all! At least that's what I tell my kids. Don't forget that there was 18" of snow....w00t.gif/>

And I couldn't agree more with you Bob. The 141 was beautiful in its Grey & white paint scheme. My hope is that someone does up markings for the Hanoi Taxi in it's grey/white livery.

Don

Edited by Drifterdon

Didn't we all! At least that's what I tell my kids. Don't forget that there was 18" of snow....w00t.gif/>

And I couldn't agree more with you Bob. The 141 was beautiful in its Grey & white paint scheme. My hope is that someone does up markings for the Hanoi Taxi in it's grey/white livery.

Don

True story: I was stationed at McChord AFB from 1986-1991, working on 62nd MAW C-141Bs. All but one of our Starlifters were in Euro-1, just one was left in gray & white. My son was born while I was there and grew up watching me put on my BDUs everyday as I got ready for work. One day when he was about three years old, my wife drove me to work with my son sitting in the back seat. He spotted the gray & white C-141 and said, "Hey Dad, look! That jet's not dressed yet!"

True story: I was stationed at McChord AFB from 1986-1991, working on 62nd MAW C-141Bs. All but one of our Starlifters were in Euro-1, just one was left in gray & white. My son was born while I was there and grew up watching me put on my BDUs everyday as I got ready for work. One day when he was about three years old, my wife drove me to work with my son sitting in the back seat. He spotted the gray & white C-141 and said, "Hey Dad, look! That jet's not dressed yet!"

From out of the mouths of babes! Love it! Such a cool story Scott. Thanks for sharing and for your service. :salute:/>