Sea Harrier FRS.1 cockpit colours and seat

Kinetic says I should paint the Frs.1 panel in black, but I thought I should paint it using the same colour as the rest of the cockpit. What is the correct colour for a late 80s jet?

Also, what's the best aftermarket seat in 1/48th scale?

Every SHAR cockpit I've seen a photo of has a grey panel. I'd believe photos before I'd believe Kinetic's instruction sheet.

Both Pavla and NeOmega make very nice Mk.10s for the SHAR.

Kinetic says I should paint the Frs.1 panel in black, but I thought I should paint it using the same colour as the rest of the cockpit. What is the correct colour for a late 80s jet?

Also, what's the best aftermarket seat in 1/48th scale?

I believe the actual colour is Admiralty Grey, but I am not sure that anyone produces this shade (WEM colourcoats may have?). I would start with something like dark or medium sea grey and experiment from there. The Harrier FRS.1 was fitted with a MB 10 ejection seat.

Which one is best?

There are several resin replacement MB10's as this seat is used in several different aircraft types and the resin seats vary in quality and detail. Some of the better looking items may be more accurate but these may not fit in the cockpit, or they may be undersized. Instead of asking everyone for their opinion, perhaps you should surf the net for pics of the real MB 10 then compare these to the available resin aftermarket seats. Then you could use your opinion to pick the best seat.

Pavla, Neomega and Aires would be the main producers,

cheers,

Pappy