Zvezda 1/72 MiG-23 MLD

It first came out in the mid-90's. Apart from a too short nose which can be fixed with a plug aft of the radome, it's quite accurate. Detailingswise it's not up to Zvezda's current standards, though - panel lines are raised, molding is a bit crude and the cockpit is spartan at best.

However, it can be turned into this:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=103112&view=findpost&p=893524

Cheers,

Andre

Yeah, that's a really good build of it. The kit itself is, sadly, pretty crude...after the bitter disappointment of RV's -23's we're hurting so badly for a good Flogger in 1/72. I did a kitbash years ago between the Zvezda and the Hasegawa, but....

Been praying overtime for Trumpeter to scale theirs down to 1/72. For all its flaws it would still be MAJORLY the best game in town.

Yeah, that's a really good build of it. The kit itself is, sadly, pretty crude...after the bitter disappointment of RV's -23's we're hurting so badly for a good Flogger in 1/72. I did a kitbash years ago between the Zvezda and the Hasegawa, but....

Been praying overtime for Trumpeter to scale theirs down to 1/72. For all its flaws it would still be MAJORLY the best game in town.

Apart from lack of weaponry, I don't think the RV Floggers are that bad. At least thanks to them we have 1:72 kits of the major MiG-23 variants.

I found this one yesterday, never seen/heard about it before;

http://armoryhobbyshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=45852

From what i have found, it is either rebox or a copy of the RV kit? The sprues are exactly the same. Either way it is a cheaper alternative to the RV kit.

Edited by Berkut