CD72058 - B-52H Stratofortress

Thanks. Haven't looked that hard at -52 markings & you are the expert! So I guess I had better let you get back to work on the B-1 set (got some Barracuda Resin coming) & guessing the new C-17???? 72nd of course! Cheers

IMHO the Italeri kit is overpriced and a horrible kit, I would hate to see your excellent decals wasted on this styrene mess! The one kit I have will be turned into a mega fortress from the famous novel, since I can't justify the work to make it a B-52.

Just my $00.05 worth!!

While I agree that the Italeri/AMT B-52H kit is less than ideal, there are also plenty of them out there needing decal options. And, as mentioned, BUFF markings aren't really shape-dependent.

I say don't hold off on releasing this sheet. If the builder wants to wait on the Modelcollect kit, be proactive and buy the sheet now! (You're welcome, KursadA!! :) )

Just my $00.05 worth!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/20/2017 at 11:22 AM, Supertom said:

Hi Kursad, I know you're working really hard on this sheet, but I was wondering if any current Minot H-birds are in the works. 

Yes - there are a couple Minot aircraft on this sheet. Getting really close to being done now.

• 1 month later...

I will be wrapping up the design effort for this sheet in a few days and start posting profiles. All that nose art took a while to complete.. You will be getting a very comprehensive set of current stencilling, 8 to 10 current/very recent B-52H options from both all units at Minot and Barksdale; printed with Cartograf quality.  While I designed the sheet to fit the AMT kit, it should work on any future kit as long as it is  dimensionally correct.

My goal is to make the 1/72 sheet available as part of the  April batch of releases.

Edited by KursadA

All of the options on this sheet will be either current or very recent markings, but I heard your requests about older schemes and will do these eventually. It will just take a bit longer to research them all. But there will be a second B-1 and B-52 sheet covering older, camouflaged aircraft from 1980s and 1990s before the end of the year.

B-52H 60-0033 was briefly decorated with a retro SAC emblem in 2011 to recreate a classic photo of "Peace Persuader" to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the aircraft's arrival at Minot.

cd72058promos5.jpg

Edited by KursadA

I have drawn "Ghost Rider" as well, not sure if it will make it into the sheet yet, though. I have art for 14-15 airframes but space for roughly 10.

I may end up providing ready-to-use serial numbers for only 10, but nose art for more aircraft. The tail bands and unit insignia you will need will already be on the sheet, and you can use the generic digits included to make other aircraft.

Great looking markings!    Is the Memphis Belle IV (60-0001) from Barksdale going to be included?  Being from close to Memphis I'd like to see that one.  (I saw the original Belle when I was a kid sitting pretty much derelict in front of the National Guard Armory in Memphis.   You could stick your head in through the open front windows).  

Edited by fasteagle12
On 3/8/2017 at 5:44 AM, KursadA said:

I have drawn "Ghost Rider" as well, not sure if it will make it into the sheet yet, though. I have art for 14-15 airframes but space for roughly 10.

I may end up providing ready-to-use serial numbers for only 10, but nose art for more aircraft. The tail bands and unit insignia you will need will already be on the sheet, and you can use the generic digits included to make other aircraft.

Good idea if possible :)

• 2 weeks later...

The 11 options on this sheet will be:

• B-52H 60-0059 "The Devil's Own"  (96th Bomb Sqn boss bird)
  • B-52H 60-0033 "Peace Persuader"
  • B-52H 61-0029 "SAC Time"
  • B-52H 60-0018 "POW-MIA"
  • B-52H 61-0017 "Lone Star Lady II"
  • B-52H 60-0023 "Bomber Barons" (23rd Bomb Sqn boss bird)
  • B-52H 60-0053 "Louisiana Fire"
  • B-52H 61-0004 "Lobo"
  • B-52H 60-0022 "Deuces Wild"
  • B-52H 61-0008 "FDNY - We Remember"
  • B-52H 61-0007 "Ghost Rider"

Everything's designed to fit the AMT / ERTL kit, which I believe is dimensionally fairly accurate. I am fairly confident that the tail bands would fit any dimensionally accurate future B-52H kit (in particular the Modelcollect kit that we are all waiting for).  All the options on the sheet depict B-52H in the current configuration and will require modifications to the AMT/ERTL kit. 

You get a comprehensive set of stencilling, and a separate serial number sheet. This modular design should allow me to put together a second current B-52H sheet very quickly if this one does well. As I mentioned, another sheet for SAC-era B-52G/H is also on the drawing board; although that one will take some more time to complete.

cd72058.jpg cd72058stencils.jpg cd72058b.jpg

Edited by KursadA