1/48 Horten Ho.229 Zoukei Mura

Hi there,

I desperately needed a brake from Su-33, so I've started with an amazing Zoukei Mura Horten, in 1/48 scale. So far this kit is brilliant!

I wasn't aware that they did it in 1/48 scale, I thought that 1/32 is the only one.

I saw it in Mosson model show in Hungary two weeks ago, and just had to buy it and start it right away.

Here are the pictures of the most recent progress.

Regards and thanks for watching

1_Hortne_SWS.jpg

2_Horten_SWS.jpg

3_Horten_SWS.jpg

4_Horten_SWS.jpg

6_Horten_SWS.jpg

I just read about this kit and called a local hobby shop and Zoukei-Mura doesn't seem to sell these through retail stores, here near Toronto anyways.

I'll be watching your progress and I love the looks of this kit. And your engines - with those little copper wire additions look superb!

I find it hard to believe that they'll capture all the structural details from the 1/32 down to 1/48.

Thanx for posting these!

Pete

Thanks all!

Hi Skuki, beautiful job, so far! Mind i I ask what paints you used to achieve this? The bare metal looks beautiful, that dark area looks superb, and the weathering is plain fantastic!

Hi, I've used revell gloss black as base. Than Alclad aluminum. I did wash with tamiya brown wash and Mig deep brown wash (overall). I've used one some areas Mig Standard rust effect. Than I've put light coat of AK Dust effect, when the surface was still wet I've tapped with the small sponge and let it dry. Well, that is some general order, but there is no rule, a lot of experiment :D/>

Edited by skuki

I just read about this kit and called a local hobby shop and Zoukei-Mura doesn't seem to sell these through retail stores, here near Toronto anyways.

I find it hard to believe that they'll capture all the structural details from the 1/32 down to 1/48.

Hi Pete,

I've just ordered some stuff from Zoukei Mura via VOLKS japan. They have special option to order from VOLKS USA, and it includes shipping to Canada, and also have the Horten in stock. So if you are interested you can order it from here.

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/products/sws48_03_ho229.html

From what I can see they downscaled almost everything from 1/32 to 1/48 :D/> The kit is impressive

Edited by skuki

Wow, so those are the engines you were talking about. Great wiring work as well as painting and weathering. Your technique really makes them look worn and realistic. I'm sure the rest of the build will be just as impressive.

Elmo

Thanks all!

Here are few more pic, mostly of wood painting.

Still need to put overcoat with airbrush to even it all. Than weathering, it is too clean. Don't like celan stuff... :)

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

I wasn't quite satisfide with the result, so I've tried to impove it, It seems better, at least to me.

Now I will have to wait for 7 days to dry, and than I can paint the other side.

After everything is dry, I'll put matt coat tinted with gunze sail + white overall to even it a bit.

Thanks for watching! Bye!

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

• 1 year later...

I can only echo the above sentiments really - that is just beautiful. The wood work looks incredibly real. Just a shame some of those panel lines don't marry up but that doesn't really detract form the overall build at all

Really looking forward to seeing more of this as it comes along