Pacific Theater GB   

19 members have voted

1. 1. I will participate in a Pacific GB

This year is the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, so it seems like a good time to do a Pacific Theater GB. The likely dates are 1 January 2017 to 1 July 2017.

The timeframe is the entire war, including anything in the wars between China and Japan in the 30s. You can build that served in the theater from any country. Planes, vehicles, ships, and figures are all included, the more participation the better.

Yep early to mid-2017 works great here. Too early to choose a subject but perhaps a Sherman or maybe I will finally get to my Tamiya USS Missouri or Trumpeter Yorktown? Lots of time to decide.

Should be a good one!

:cheers:

Looking good so far and lots of options for this one. The Pacific has always interested me since my grandfather served with the 11th Airborne. I grew up reading about things like the Battle of Leyte Gulf, Pappy Gunn's commerce destroyers, and the Cactus Air Force.

Only 16 votes so far, but there is still a lot of time. It would be a good time to build a Corsair, Hellcat, or Avenger. Lots of great ships like the Arizona, Yamato, or Yorktown, plus armor like the LVT-4 or Sherman.

• 4 weeks later...