Build 2 - BAE Hawk 1/32 Revel

Hi chaps

Build 2 starts

I have just opened my next build.....The Revell Hawk.......I am sorry I did....

image_zps8yshmiyj.jpeg

There is no side wall details....at all......and the fit looks a bit effy on the underside with a gap under the cockpit....holding the nose and rear flush.

image_zpswbtoe6ge.jpeg

But who can complain about the size.....it's big and external details look ok

image_zpsbdemfgvp.jpeg

That all for today.....thinking on how best to treat the red plastic.....

Thinking of a clean config....with gear up n pilots in......saves me work on the barren cockpit n flaps to cut out....still early days yet.....also deciding on full camo or the red/white/grey scheme not too sure any suggestions will be considered

Till the next update with hopefully some work done

Best Regards

Brian

Edited by Mr B

Martin - thanks for the suggestion....still undicided as some are saying red/white grey

Thanks Aidy- yours would have weapons

Yarlbird- cheers it also surprised me ...it is big....takes up almost my whole cutting board which is off normal kitchen size variant

Got a small update.....been preoccupied and busy.....not much of Modelling done....and the red plastic is proofing hard to manage...

image_zps1ffy1yjz.jpeg

image_zps8aod51bv.jpeg

Did some frame work....not meant to be a 100% representation just to make it full. Started on the seat frames too....painted with mr surfacer primer....next should be the base color and weathering

Happy Modelling all

Rgds

Nice so far, B.

Yeah, I actually got the kit to rob the pylons and rockets for my Mk. 108 build. Seeing the red plastic in your build makes me glad I got rid of my Red Arrows kit.

The sidewall detail is an improvement! I usually figure that if I need to look too hard to figure out if the detail I'm adding is correct, most of the other modeler's won't know either. :whistle: It's often better to add a little spurious detail to suggest something is going on than to leave it blank.

Cheers guys

But the build will be stalled. I had to vacate my house.....due to some urgent stuff which requires immediate action. My wife and me are currently putting up at my dad's place....We were informed that we can get back to our place towards end of the month........another bummer would be that my internet will be restricted to my mobile phone but the positive would give me time to look up some old treasures at home......

Best Regards

Brian

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys

Been back for sometime now but was busy ...and still am.....with other things but I would really like to try and finish this for the G/B

finally got some useful progress to show

image_zpsvtblkgpi.jpeg

The sides and cockpit is done

image_zpsql6iach2.jpeg

Fitting is not very good but I think this is solely due to me........lots of clean up required.....in the front area.....

image_zpsx3lrjasn.jpeg

Given the pilots an identity by painting the flag....but now I am committed to an Indonesian bird.....most like a camo bird ...as I saw a nice pic of one with a weathered paint job.....more on that when I come to painting

Overall the kit itself is not too bad.......but ....take TLC.....and never did like the newspaper style instructions given by Revell......lucky they changed......

Thanks folks...

Brian

Got some work done

image_zpszyrfc0er.jpeg

image_zps2h23pmy0.jpeg

Just out of the bath...so that's y some parts look wet still

Wings and all main parts on. Cleaned the seams.....and a nice hot bath.....also made some very primitive gun sights.....next will be to rescribe some lost lines.....and get the canopy on....thinking about the cockpit dividers revell has give a decal....

Maybe paint shop soon....all depends....happy Modelling folks

Rgds

Thanks Martin

It's great to be back building.....but time seems to be very limited these days......anyways .....

image_zpsn0ezcrre.jpeg

image_zps1alisr1x.jpeg

Put the canopies on.......the nav light too.....on.......managed to slip my scaple and cut my thumb.....whiles masking the canopy.....so the nav light and masking the intakes are left when the cut is a bit better and hopefully in the paint shop soon

I also decided to mask and paint the cockpit devide

Thanks and Regards

Brian

update

I have started painting.......decided to go with the three color scheme....as my wife suggested mostly all in my displays are green or grey....so took her advise....

image_zps2hgr6nap.jpeg

White and red is more or less done.....just the greys the nose black......the exhaust.....and will maybe try s big of post shading......I must admit looks different and vibrant with the three colors....

Hopefully by end of the coming week it's done......

Best Regards

Brian

Thanks guys much appericated

Painting n gloss completed......next will be decals n weathering then final bits

image_zpsparklkdp.jpeg

Happy Modelling

Rgds

Brian

The current state of affairs

Managed some work today....all decalled, and semi glossed....some bits and bobs on....need to paint the nav light....and start the stand work....if all goes well.....it should be completed by tomorrow ....

image_zpss51jv1h7.jpeg

image_zpskuyjccvr.jpeg

Best Regards

Brian

Thanks alot Phantom

Its done...I have done both my commitments for this G/B and now to a world war two legend in big scale.............

Enjoyed every minute of this

Best Regards to all

Brian

Cheers Martin....my next build will be an world war 2 American work horse

Thanks for the suggestion and nice words cr7 driver........

Rgds