Primer for Eduard Resin?

I'm about done with eduard. Even after using soap and water to clean their resin parts and then priming with alclad's white primer, I have continued trouble with paint and primer peeling off when masking. Is there a primer that works best on their resin or a way to clean the parts for better adhesion?

Hm, I don't have one bit of Eduard resin.

Lots of others, though. For those, I use Dawn (dishwashing liquid) when I start. Before painting, I always do an isopropyl rubdown of all bare plastic, metal, and resin. I always prime metal and resin; I prime plastic whenever I use Mr Color or Alclad.

I've used Simple Green before, as it seems to be able to get rid of really stubborn release agents. I had problems with paint 'eye-spotting' on styrene parts that alcohol wouldn't remove and couldn't use more aggressive stuff. I used Simple Green to strip the dried paint off one time and found it got rid of the problem.

Worth trying, and you can always use it to strip paint off your models

Hope that helps

Les

If you're going to use soap, use Ivory. It is the only one I have found to NOT have the lanolin-type hand softening agents in it. personally I use Blechley White. Do not use MEK, acetine, lacquer thinner etc----it will soften the resin. I like the idea of simple green or alcohol (71% IPA, 91% IPA, 99% IPA, denatured), though I've never used them to remove release agents on resin. If you think Eduard's release agent is bad you should deal with some of the resin ship guys or Aiagrand-----it's like cosmoline :-)

... If you think Eduard's release agent is bad you should deal with some of the resin ship guys or Aiagrand-----it's like cosmoline :-)

I can attest to the ship comment. I did one a about 5 years ago that was thick with whatever it was they used.