Waaaaaay O/T, but I'd love to hear what other people think.

As the wearer of full color sleeves , gained over almost 40 years of tattoo collection , I can say the risk of infection is very small. I did have some small reaction to a certain color, but nothing of any consequence. A small tattoo of the nature you are describing would take less time than it takes to sterilize the equipment. By the time you start bleeding , it will be over.

Do it, cross it off your bucket list and move on.

"A man's dying is far more the survivors affair than his own." so I understand your family. I am a new dad, and I have to keep reminding myself this kid is going to get hurt. He will get broken. Arms, legs, etc. no matter how much I try to stop it. But that is just a part of it as much as I would love to lock him up and keep him safe forever. That's not the world we live in.

I tend to listen to my doctor, to the letter. However I also don't usually have medical issues that are beyond sports injuries that last more than 6 weeks.

Having said that Medical professionals are always going to be conservative, if for any reason other than to not get sued. I see the same thing in my current industry. I also see the affect of very conservative doctors who tell people that anything more dangerous than climbing a set of stairs should not be done, and see that in my industry too. Do you think there is any doctor out there that would honestly put themselves at risk by saying "well it could get infected, but ya know what? screw it. Just do it, and if it doesn't work out tell your lawyer your Doc said it was G-2-G, and I'll give you a thumbs up while me and my hospital are being sued to pay for your shark lawyer's new mistress's implants"

Risk assessment is tricky. It really is. The safest option is not always obvious. And the most conservative approach is not always safest. I would just know the risks, and don't complain if you gamble and lose. especially if you die. And don't sue people after being given fair warning. My mom is a lawyer that defends doctors and the sheer amount of scum bags that sue doctors is mind boggling, especially the fatties.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Risk assessment is tricky. It really is. The safest option is not always obvious. And the most conservative approach is not always safest. I would just know the risks, and don't complain if you gamble and lose. especially if you die. And don't sue people after being given fair warning. My mom is a lawyer that defends doctors and the sheer amount of scum bags that sue doctors is mind boggling, especially the fatties.

Although, unlike the airline industry, the medical profession is particularly bad at learning from mistakes and making sure they don't happen again - which results in about 1,000 people dying in the US every day due to preventable medical errors, and around another 100,000 patients having to live on with the after-effects. I recommend the book 'Black Box Thinking' by Matthew Syed to both you and your mother. It's a real eye-opener.