1/144 RC-135E Rivet Amber

On 6/4/2022 at 8:21 PM, Drifterdon said:

53 years ago Rivet Amber disappeared with her crew of 19 over the Bering Sea.  It's as fresh today as if it happened yesterday.

They say that time heals all wounds. I’ve never found that to be the case. These wounds never truly heal. We only become better accustomed to the pain.

12 hours ago, Major Walt said:

They say that time heals all wounds. I’ve never found that to be the case. These wounds never truly heal. We only become better accustomed to the pain.

So very true sir.

11 hours ago, markiii said:

Interesting read. My dad was with the 55 SRW in 1970 to 1975.

Sorry for your loss Don.

Thanks markiii

• 2 months later...

Hello Don,

Interested to know how this kit turned out for you, as am getting together long-lead items for a build of Rivet Amber myself.

May be difficult using items you cite in this build since the Caracal decals are out of stock, and the Fisher parts or no longer available since his house and shop burned down. 🤥

Got interested in the story during my time at L3 Greenville working on Rivet Joints.

Would like to know what you used for the power generator and heat exchanger pods under the wings.

Cheers,

Karl //

44 minutes ago, Kodos the Executioner said:

Hello Don,

Interested to know how this kit turned out for you, as am getting together long-lead items for a build of Rivet Amber myself.

May be difficult using items you cite in this build since the Caracal decals are out of stock, and the Fisher parts or no longer available since his house and shop burned down. 🤥

Got interested in the story during my time at L3 Greenville working on Rivet Joints.

Would like to know what you used for the power generator and heat exchanger pods under the wings.

Cheers,

Karl //

Karl,

PM sent regarding your above questions.

Don