Matchbox PB4Y-2 Privateer

Came across a Matchbox 1/72 Privateer and found that it's missing 6 prop blades.

Wondering if any spare units are buried in anybody spares box somewhere ??

Or, are there any aftermarket props out there. Couldn't find any so far

I'm thinking maybe even 1/72 B-24 props would work, but I think that they (B-24) are more of a fat paddle bladed units. Could be wrong..

I know that the matchbox Privateer isn't the best kit out there, but it the only Privateer in town.

Any help will be rewarded for of course.

Cheers Fellow Glue Sniffers..

Frank

QuickBoost has a set of resin propellers for the B-24 that should also be appropriate for your Privateer.

A quick search at SprueBrothers resulted in the following:

QBT72329 1:72 Quickboost B-24 Liberator Propellers with Tool (ACA kit) #72329

QBT72336 1:72 Quickboost B-24 Liberator Propellers w/ Tool (HAS kit) #72336

while not intended originally for the MatchBox (Revell) Privateer kit, it should not be such an insurmountable task to make these parts work on your model.

While I agree that the best route it to get the Cobra upgrade set (I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing one years ago when it was a mere $50.00) there is another route. I needed a set of narrow-blade props for an early B-24D, so I took a set of Quickboost resin props intended for the B-25, and cut a bit off the root of the blade to reduce the diameter. They look OK to me.

SN

IMG_9588.jpg

Well, it's not like you're paying $58 for a set of props, now is it? There's a LOT of resin in that set, and it *dramatically* improves every aspect of the old Matchbox war horse.

It depends on what priorities one has.

I for one, don't choose to build the "ultimate" PB4Y-1: just a representative example of the airplane. If it's not 10,000 percent accurate: so be it. I will be satisfied and have FUN doing it. Not everything in life has to be "work"..

I'm sure that the Cobra kit is outstanding: his work normally is. I just choose not to break the bank doing the kit. I'm not looking for a show stopper, just a basic example of the bird.

The prop suggestions are exactly what I was looking for. And I THANK those for taking the time to suggest herein.

All I sought was prop suggestions: nothing more.. There are some pretty good suggestions !

KIS (Keep It Simple)

F