13 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

Just FYI- there are no chaff and flare dispensers in the tail booms of USAF F-15Es.  Everything is looking good though!

Steve

Yep, 10x Steve, I got that info and already re-edited them. They are filled/sanded flush now. I saw a photo with these dispensers installed but where was my attention to see that they are on the I-version... :))

• 3 weeks later...

A little up: it could be named "thrilling intake adventures". Still a small dozen things to do until the painting from the inside. The bleed-air doors are both prepped - cut, sanded, widened, sanded, with mounted hinges, and synchronized with the difusor ramps underneath. The main jounts between the big front ramps and the fuselage are slightly improved, and yet there will be big nasty gaps visible when the intake ramps are lowered. And I also texturised and riveted the walkways on top of the first ramps as for a relatively heavy-weathered look. The following pics basically show the different opts between the main big ramps and the bleed-air ramps. Wooow, these intakes, guys, the most overwhelming part of the plane. Nearly done.

:beer4:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

Looking very good F. Your stressed skin effect looks great.

Gary's parts also make a big difference which is good to see. I bought them too, but am currently too involved in other projects (F-14/Hurricane/Tempest) to get on with actually using them.

Great to see your progress, and for future projects, remember!

Ejection seats should always be clean and fresh looking! Nobody would trust them looking any other way.

Edited by chek
spelling

A little up after attaching the engine faces and the first ramps to the intakes, and then all glued to the lower fuselage. The engines are just spectacular. Check out the reflections onto the surrounding white parts of the intakes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And on a short video:

The intakes are finally done. All is glued and painted, only the upper fuselage is still not glued. And i forgot to add the two small probes inside the intakes :) ... it`s kinda funny... but i should add them later. The JFS exhasut is added, the bleed-air ramps are "framed" from the inner sides, some trays from the chaff/flare dispensers are filled, and i thinned the second stabilizer as well.

photo_3.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

20170210_151606_0.jpg

photo_5_1.jpg

photo_4_1.jpg

20170210_170800.jpg 

Wow, I just reviewed this entire post and I have to say that you my friend, are a "Modeling Savant". You should highly consider writing a book on your work and not just with photos, I mean with skill developing photos and descriptions/lessons on how you engineer the landing gear, use of magnets etc. Your F35 is a masterpiece like no other and I have to say that I have met Jon Vojech on many occasions and spoke to him about doing the same thing. Jon's level of detail is breathtaking and you are in his company.

Amazing...keep up the great work.

Thank you Mr. Foley! I know the photos (the numerous embeded pics in one frame) of the F-15 of the man you are talking about, and now i know that it is John`s F-15. Really amazing pics and model!

While for the "tutorial"-making thing - yes, we even actually thought about it with our ipms-ers and, who knows... one day, probably. Btw i have quite a big and extensive article submitted to Fine Scale Modeler, about the application of magnets in this F-15E and mostly in F-35B, and the answer from FSM is still "not responding". :) I don`t know what`s going on....

Btw, just to mention, i got inspired to jazz-up my Blackbird model this sunday with some righteous weathering :) The SR is in 1/72, i build it 3-4 years ago and if i`m not mistaken - it was my lastly painted model with a normal brush. It sits on my desktop until today as a decorative piece, and since i have some of the best oil paints from quite some time now - yesterday i had the idea to apply some "weathering improvements" :))). This is how it looks in a couple of videos as of today:

Wish me luck :) I`m selecting a couple of movies and getting started...

Black biiiiird :)

Before:

20170212_123845.jpg

20170212_123755.jpg

20170212_123825.jpg

20170212_123913.jpg

... and after 4 Abteilung oil paints, applied with brush, paper towel and sponge. Not the biggest difference, but i like it more. The glossy lines from the fuel leakage are made with long streaks of Alc-600 with a thin brush.

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_5.jpg

20170212_170029.jpg

20170212_165653.jpg

Btw, i took some video material and Mitko should assemble it in a video....

Thanks first! :)

Yeah, it`s a kind of charachter depending... you know - people are as the same as they are different. I also came across a few issues in this kit(F-15) to complain, but i like the little imperfections in the hobby. Kinda gives a better approach to the feel of making the real plane. But that`s just me.

The fuselage is glued, finally :) The joints are dry, roughly sanded, and are now filled with with filler, still not a great sight. The attachment of the two tail tips and the gun cowl formed quite some offset surfaces that needed alot of filler. So until that point - the cannon bay, still not painted:

wedf.jpg

erfg.jpg

And painted:

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo_1_1.jpg

Da cannon.

photo_3.jpg

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

It`s in the bay now, but still i have to add a couple of decals, and after picking up some details with different colors - i`ll take more pics.