Oh c'mon F, those Vulcan barrels don't even rotate. It's like you're not trying any more. :rolleyes:

But to be serious, it's coming along very well.

Interested to see how the skin texture looks with a matt coat of camouflage on it. 

The joints are sealed. The intakes are with a smooth sloping on the upper side and i filled the two round panels per intake. On some photos they are visible, on others - not. Yet it is easier not to restore them :)

photo_2.jpg

Here on both sides of the tail tips from the nozzle sides, i added these kinda triangular plates, just to reduce the void space a little.

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

And with the nozzles. It`s not the biggest difference, but it`s better.

photo_5.jpg

And the biggest issue at the end :) The joint along the port side near the intake area was a little problematic. There is just a big long misalignment - the lower side is under quite a significant springy effect too much closer to the intake. And i couldn`t just align the edges, cause the seal with the intake will will turn into quite a gap. So now i will have to fill/sand this edge, which also has quite a difficult curve/shape...

photo_1.jpg

After an extensive scratching and sanding therapy on the top fuselage. And i also filled partially the panel lines with a relatively highly diluted Surf1200, cause they were too big and too deep, even the "flat floors" of the panel lines were visible. But they are okey now. 

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

One of the nose accessory bays - done. After gluing the "boxes" and the basic painting - there may be some similarity with well known parts... :) 

photo_1.jpg

And finished with wires, decals, paints, etc. This is at nightlight and with pointed light:

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

Edited by my favs are F`s

It's done actually, at least the major gluing. The joints are filled with "molten" plastic and surf1200, from a couple of days maybe, and still I'm waiting it to dry thoroughly, then I will have to sand it the right way, and I'll take photos. I think it's looking good.

Btw I glued the stabilators in neutral pose... Yeah...I had to. The adventure: after gluing the wings in the perfect alignment according to the fuselage, one of the stabilators was bingo, just perfect, but the other stabilator needed a very little, yet "visible" correction. And because their movement was very very snug and smooth, it didn't wanted to bend easily... I'm talking about a barely noticeable change of the angle according to the other stabilator. And because the hinges(the pins) were the original plastic ones, it just got loose and broke after some tries... Plastic fatigue I guess :). So I had to glue it. And i was happy, okey, one stabilator is moving and is perfectly aligned, nice... But maybe yesterday I though "is there any logic at all to display the plane even in flying mode with one neutral stabilator and the other moved at a certain angle?!". And so I glued the second stabilator in neutral angle too. :) The little disappointment is gone already and I'm happy... ;)

The oob decals are way thicker so hopefully this Eduard PE masks should take good care of most of the numerous stencils:

photo_1.jpg

And a little up. The wings are glued, the joints are filled and sanded. The stabilators are glued too... I added a small plate for the panel under the gps antenna to add a slightly raised effect. The electronic warfare (not sure) pod on the right fuselage tail tip is glued to add the complete look for the tail. I chosed the pod with the edged sides, but i might change it later, i`m still not sure about it. What else what else... mmm that`s it :)))) yupiii the wings are glued. Can`t believe it`s F-15E in 1/32... it`s massive. And heavy... Huuuge. A couple distant sillhouettes:

20170303_154321.jpg

20170303_154334.jpg

20170303_154349.jpg

Here are the stabilators... glued :angry:

photo_5_1.jpg

photo_1_2.jpg

Btw the gap between the two fuselage halves along the left intake now looks satisfyingly good. Building a curved rounded edge out of filler, was overwhelming. At least it`s filled now:

photo_5.jpg

And a closeup of the panel for the antenna on the right side of the brake:

photo_3_2.jpg

Some more with very thinned paint over the key areas... And i kinda doubt whether to glue the vertical stabilizers or not. The "coverings" definitely cover the major seamlines, but the coverings are still visible like long stripes. :rolleyes:

20170304_104317.jpg

20170304_104138.jpg

20170304_104204.jpg

20170304_105101.jpg

20170304_104445.jpg

20170304_104506.jpg

This is going to be utterly stunning!  I'm going to have to step up my game after seeing this.  What are your thoughts on the exhausts?  I'm sure you've probably seen but theres a guy on LSP doing an F-15C with some pretty cool ideas for the exhausts.  Keep up the good work!

Hi dsahling, yeah, i`m a great admirateur of Chuck`s models and definitely the F-15C.

I prefer a slightly more weathered appearance of the nozzles, and i made the nozzles for my model with just a little PE scratchbuilt pieces, otherwise the pure oob nozzles with dozens of mods. Here is how they look, on p.9:

9 hours ago, my favs are F`s said:

Hi dsahling, yeah, i`m a great admirateur of Chuck`s models and definitely the F-15C.

I prefer a slightly more weathered appearance of the nozzles, and i made the nozzles for my model with just a little PE scratchbuilt pieces, otherwise the pure oob nozzles with dozens of mods. Here is how they look, on p.9:

I really wish either one of you guys would cast these or make a second set to cast, then again that would mean I might have to do another 1/32 F-15...the only question is a "C" or "E"  Again, really nice work there.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this build book marked for ideas when I come to build my own 32nd F-15 - although I doubt I will go to quite the extremes you have gone to :) I was rather disappointed in the GT Resin set I got as the intakes were molded a little thinly and there is a hole in the top part of it where it was too thin. I am just not sure they were worth the money I paid for them (exhausts and intakes). However, I won't complain

I shall continue to enjoy watching you bring this together

MH

• 2 weeks later...

Some bits and bobs :) Overall - the second underwing pylons is ready and i made all the loadouts interchangeable - the magnets are in the holders on the lower sides of the pylons while the missiles stay on their places with just about pressfitting. Difference betweeen one f.tank texturised and one without texturising:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

The missiles all have very thin fins now. After a lot of scrubbing and sanding, the edges of the fins even look transparent - so so better now:

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_4.jpg

I plan to add the big bunker buster bombs and 2 of the big GBUs on the underfuselage pylons too, and make them all detachable. :) Cause i like so much the clean shape of this plane.

• 5 weeks later...

The ordnance (at least the basic) is finally done. Yupii. What a joy... each missile/bomb looks like a plane by itself in this scale. So here they are - painted, with decals and weathered with OP:

smaa.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_5.jpg

The pylons are still not painted tho... nevertheless - here they are with missiles and bombs only:

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_1_1.jpg

:) And one with an impossible combo, but quite awesome looking.

photo_3_1.jpg