Hi Hi, i just joined the forum :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/> Let me introduce myself: my name is Milan and i`m from one of the small countries in southeastern Europe. This is my hobby since "i don`t remember when" and this is the first time i make something in 1/32 scale. This is quite a special kit for me, because it is something like a very special present and my approach will be special. Overall, i`m doing it like only when there is time for relaxation :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/> so it will be quite a slow build and perhaps i will not post very often. This model is around my 10th model, well, kinda - just around the 10th. I wish to share the last model that i finished about a month ago - F-35B Lightning II. Here is my fb page and a couple of albums of the F:

https://www.facebook.com/milan.mitev.7/media_set?set=a.1007288912640750.1073741841.100000789522018&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/milan.mitev.7/media_set?set=a.1007195835983391.1073741840.100000789522018&type=3

Yeah, although in 1/48, almost every possible door and thing can open, close and swivel :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/> I`ve already made F-35A with light too, so this one is transformable. Hheheh, if you still don`t believe, check out a video made by a friend (who actually is responsible for this kit (F-15) :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/> and who motivated me to join this forum)

And this is a video made by me of the F in a "Flight mode" mostly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4HggLu8neo

It really turn out to be my best model by now :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/> I hope that i will make this better. So, okey, i will start another comment with info about this model and for getting used to the interface of the forum :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Edited by my favs are F`s

In brief, my favorite planes and models and history and specs and info and just about everything in this domain is related to the F`s. This model is not an exception. I already have an F-15C in 1/48 scale and this one (in 1/32) is... i don`t know... a beast in a box or something like that. I did not managed to make comprehensive photos of whats in the box, just because of the typical issues with the space. Yet that`s the kit and the cover page of the instructions... in the next post again :woot.gif:/>/>

So this is something like the small version of the artbox :)/>/>/>/>/>/>

photo_1_1.jpg

A comparison with F-15C in 1/48 :coolio:/>/>/>/>/>/>

photo_5.jpg

A glimpse over the details of the lower main fuselage:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

Unusually, i "started" with the main landing gears, because this is the first time i see real metal and rubber parts. Awesoooome :)/>/>/>/> And it`s pretty interesting to me whether there is a manner to make them retractable or not. I think that i could manage to make them retractable... will see...

The assembly from the manual:

photo_2_2.jpg

photo_3_1.jpg

and barely fitted:

photo_4.jpg

There is a pretty awesome shine of the metal after sanding with 1500 grit, polishing and lacquering with Aqua Gloss 600:

photo_2_3.jpg

And they fit flawlessly in the bays, just as expected:

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Now - the mechanisms for the retraction and the lowering of the gears. I`ll keep you in touch.

A quick afternoon adventure: How to make a flat rubber tire flat? :)/>/>/>/>/> Material: synthetic rubber...

photo_5.jpg

I flipped the tire from the inside out, then wiped off a big chunk of rubber from the inner (now outer) side.

photo_4.jpg

Returned the tire in its original form. The thinned inner part makes it much more flexible.

photo_3.jpg

Inserted the plastic part et voila :)/>/>/> Even with just about 100 gr. weight on top:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

Now the other 2 tires and a little bit of clean up...

That's correct, the Michelin tires ALWAYS look flat. Even when over serviced. The Goodyear tires which just had 3 grooves always looked like lollipops. We stopped using them for the most part around 2004 if I remember correctly.

Wow Kelly, i have an impression that you know these jets (F-15E) from close. If i`m not mistaken - i`m very surprised to be in touch with such a person! Can i ask you a question about the weathering of the planes during Desert Storm? Okey okey... so that`s the question and i will be glad if you suggest me some clue...

As i know F-15E has mostly aluminum alloys and only a few composite parts - the radome, the air brake and the rudders. Two of them (the radome and the air brake) look slightly darker (weathered) than the overall painting of the plane. Is it related to the difference of the materials (the composite parts) or it`s just a coincidence and the difference is more likely due to the worn, the weathering or something from this kind?

I`m just curious about that from a couple of days :)/>/>/> Thanks in advance!

The radome could either be darker, lighter, or the same color. The speed brake would depend on when and where it was painted.

As far as desert storm weathering, I have no idea. I didn't start working on them until 1999.

The intakes should be finished and then the jazz-up of the wheel bays. So, i cut the most inner ramps at the lines to make them movable along with the three front ramps. The mechanism should lower them down when the intakes are up, for example for supersonic speeds. And vice-versa - when the intakes are down - the ramps will rise to imitate the plane at lower speed.

Before

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

and after: The innermost ramps are sanded/polished, the intake ducts too, everything is smooth:

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_5.jpg

Viewed from the engines :)/>/> Just wow... the parts of this scale look huge on the photos. This is the first 1/32 to build and everything looks huge :)/> kinda strange.

photo_1_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

Kelly, i didn`t checked that out earlier... indeed lucky me :)/>/>/> I`m planning to build one of the "Chiefs" airframes and the engine was 220. Now i strolled through my ref photos and they are just as they should be - 21 blades for the first igv`s. The second stage - i don`t know exactly, but they are not noticeable. While the first rotor disk of the compressor is "in motion" quite fast and so is invisible... The display should be in all cases with running engines ;)/>/>/> 10x for reminding me this, i always watch the ref photos, the blades looked ok, but i really forgot to count them...

Btw they both are just done:

photo_1fvb.jpg

photo_2erf.jpg

lol I was just trying to be funny. I honestly don't remember the blade count, I just remember it was different. I haven't touched an F-15 since 2008 so memories are foggy. I "think" it was 28 1st stage blades for the 220. You would think 10 years of jumping intakes I would have a better memory....

It honestly doesnt matter though, your work is beautiful.

Edited by kellyF15