Thanks thanks :)/>/> Next - one nozzle. I`m starting with the turkey feathers. Here is the assembly from the manual:

photo_4.jpg

And after a thorough examination of other F-15 nozzle topics and the kit parts themselves, check out what i`m planning to enhance:

photo_3.jpg

(1) Cut/glue to shorten the pieces (and the long struts) justly.

(2) Fill/sand the recessed dots (i always confuse what are pin marks and what are ejector marks).

(3) Highlight the edges of all feathers, something like rescribing, to make them look one on top of the another, inside & outside.

(4) Fill/sand the seams after gluing, inside & outside.

(5) Adding the small round rods that connect the feathers.

(6) Thinning the walls of the hinges where the feathers are attached.

(7) Thinning the bases of the rails to look like rails.

Pretty overwhelming, but according to me - these feathers have the potential to become real giant gems :)

I`m freezing the nozzle for a while, so it`s time for the inst.panels. :)/> It was quite a journey. Check it out. I`ve seen much better instr.panels, but i`m kinda happy with this too.

photo_1.jpg

After the main colors:

photo_2.jpg

And the end detail. The displays are flipped because whatever photos i see - the glare suggests that the displays are flat. Moreover, in this way the slightly curved side is from the backside, where the decals are fitted, providing an even better depth-effect. This is craziness, for the 1st time i tried to simulate the tiny labels/markings for some instruments by scratching the black paint. :rolleyes:/> Then, the front parts of the screens were tinted, because the decals were very bright behind the glass.

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

:thumbsup:/> Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:/> The side panels are cooking up... I started with the spices earlier:

- thinning the inner rim of the main panel covering (or maybe glare shield is a more exact name)

- the side walls are added around the box for personal items

- the stand for the mounting of the hud is quite modified and thinned

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Now the main colors...

Great job on the instrument panel and I'm happy to see you open up the storage box for the pilot! The storage box covers are rarely left over the top and it is much more accurate to model it open. Just so you know, there is a divider in the Pilots storage box running parallel to the cockpit that splits the space about 75% to the pilot's side and 25% to the bulkhead. Typically checklists, a flight publications kit and helmet bag are stowed on the near side of the divide and the HUD cover and ejection seat pins and covers are stored on the far side towards the bulkhead.

Will you also open up the WSO storage box on the left side of the rear cockpit? I believe Tamiya has molded this area with the fabric covering on top and it looks almost like an armrest. Again, the cover is rarely over the top and the space is used to store flight pubs, checklists, and remove before flight tags.

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi

10x Steve for the info. I have planned to scratch only a bag (relatively full) to fill the void in the storage box, but now i understand that i first have to make two compartments. Maybe i will also include some of the other items that you mentioned. Awesome hint, 10x again! While for the storage box for the WSO - here is the part - great in shape and there is a good ref. photo for it.

photo.jpg

The front cockpit - it`s done :)/>/> I like it very much. All is test fit. The glasses for the HUD are not not complete as i first have to get transparent green/red paints for tinting. The wiring behind/around the seat is also not complete yet, as well as the two hoses for the g-suit and for the air/comm., and the items in the storage compartment. And the pilot`s area is pretty much ready:

- after the main colors:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

- and after the detailing, just a couple without the pilot. I wonder whether the 3 main displays are still too bright even after the tinting... If someone knows how they look when are switched on in daytime? Are they that bright, even if the pilot raises the brightness to max?

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

- and with the seat/pilot. Some photos are with artificial light from the top:

photo_5.jpg

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_1_1.jpg

These days was time for the canopy. I will try to do almost everything except the attachment of the clear canopy parts. This is how it started:

photo_1.jpg

And after a lot of riveting and enhancements:

photo_3.jpg

And i have a question :)/>/> I`m gonna make it movable - in open and close posit. But what`s that part over there:

100706_F_0232_K_274.jpg

and in another photo also with open canopy, this part is not there:

f_15e_09_of_39.jpg

So, what`s the right thing? Is it stationary or it moves when the canopy is closed and open? Thanks. :woot.gif: