One minor critique on your otherwise AMAZING work: I don't believe tan flight suits were used until the late 90s at least. All flight suits during Desert Storm appear to be green.

Mm, indeed i don`t have a definite answer, but google shows several photos searched with "F-15e desert storm" where the pilots wear tan flight suits. And several people already said that the tan suits are for desert-themed missions, such as the ODS, so the suits are part of the comouflage, which makes huge sense with this gigantic cockpit. After all, the airframe that i build probably participated (have to research) in Afghanistan, and then i should scratch the Sniper Pod, which sounds rrrreally irresistible to me. :)

The afterburner. The frame of the flame holder is thinned and modified, then i added thermocuples and the igniter plug... I wonder how many things are visible in this scale... then the lip of the engine turbine casing, and some weathering of the afterburner chamber:

photo_1_2.jpg

sdfcv.jpg

I was thinking that the seamlines of the aftrbrnr chamber will not be that visible if glued and weathered justly, but that was not the case:

wedfvb.jpg

sedfg.jpg

So, i upholstered the entire afterburner with one-piece paper type :D/> soaked it in solvents to acquire the ringed texture, then after a good weathering it turned out pretty well:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

:salute:/>

10x!

That`s the paper tape i use:

photo_1.jpg

It`s the simplest cheapest paper tape from the local hardware store. And is magical :) I use it for masking during the painting. It doesn`t usually lift the paint and is even thinner than the yellow Tamiya masking tape. In this case for the inner side of the afterburner can, i just cut a piece with the exact size, thankfully it was flat rectangular piece. Then the adjustment in the closed can was a little bit of a challenge, but it worked well. For pressing onto the surface of the can - i used the tip (rounded and small) of the handle of a brush. The pressing was done ring by ring, so at the end, the piece of paper tape shrinks a little due to the curves of the numerous rings. Then i "washed" the tape with a typical solvent for enamel paints, which softens the tape even more, and then a thin layer of lacquer to seal the tape. It looks strong, no tension or shrinkage so far. And that`s pretty much it :)

Btw a quick sneak peak at the turkey feathers exterior - they are basically done, only the struts are half are half way done :)

photo_2.jpg

Let`s get started with a couple of surprises from... GT Resin Products. They are awesome!

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

First i thought that they are just slightly better than the kit parts, but after a thorough examination - mmmm, they are way better. Much better. I`ll share an article that i wrote about my first impressions for these awesome resin upgrades. Okey, so, i was planning to start with some riveting of the entire plane as a relaxation therapy, but undoubtly it will be postponed. First these awesome GTR upgrades. :woot.gif:/>/> :woot.gif:/>/> :woot.gif:/>/> :woot.gif:/>/>

Edited by my favs are F`s

I need some clues about 1, 2 and 3. Any info?... if someone could help me. That`s what`s mysterious for me:

- for (1) - if both are used in one plane, where sits the second one? The first is somewhere between the wind screen and the radome, according to my knowledge for the C version. Is that the same on the E version?

- (2) is some sort of lights or an antenna?

- Any info about (3) will be useful. What are the differences between the both parts? What should i use for the E version? I only suppose that this is a small round GPS antenna for the top of the fuselage and that sits right next to the speed brake, yet i`m not sure about it.

photo_2.jpg

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks :)

I need some clues about 1, 2 and 3. Any info?... if someone could help me. That`s what`s mysterious for me:

- for (1) - if both are used in one plane, where sits the second one? The first is somewhere between the wind screen and the radome, according to my knowledge for the C version. Is that the same on the E version?

- (2) is some sort of lights or an antenna?

- Any info about (3) will be useful. What are the differences between the both parts? What should i use for the E version? I only suppose that this is a small round GPS antenna for the top of the fuselage and that sits right next to the speed brake, yet i`m not sure about it.

photo_2.jpg

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words, you are pretty close with your explanation. So much of the F-15 antenna config varied and changed that you must use your references and match them. provide enough for any combo.

1 are ALQ-135 nodes that are on the top and bottom of the F-15C right behind the radome. Not used on F-15E

2 is a data link antenna used for a short time.

3 are both GPS domes, just 2 of the several different styles used.

hope this helps. F's set was sent out before the instructions were done.

thanks, Gary

PS, For the launch rails. The LAU-128/ rails and LAU-552 adapters are not meant to replace the kit parts because of a Tamiya Error. These are the original pylon missile mounts for the AIM-9 missiles up to the L/M. These new rails were necessary to use the AIM-120 and AIM-9X Missiles. Think as a replacement set for use int he modern Era post ODS/'92. The kit rails are actually not bad as a starting point for an ODS or earlier Light Gray or Mudhen build.

:unsure: Uf, it`s becoming more and more difficult. I definitely want to use your updated rails/adapters, but with that info... Do you know if there is any chance for the F-15 to wear these modern rails/adapters for example at the very end of the ODS? Is it worth to start researching or this is something certain? :unsure: I`m thinking about... if it`s wrong for an ODS Strike Eagle, then i will change it into an "Afghanistani" Eagle... :D :woot.gif: With the Sniper Pod... :woo: nice nice...

Yeah, just for info: guys, i`m making an Afghanistan-themed Eagle. I`m kinda sad to change the ODS theme, but i think it`s worth it. I want to use the awesome GTR missile rails, and i got info that the dome-style antennas were not used during ODS. And i want to scratch build the the Sniper Pod in 1/32 (i already have it in 1/48). And these are pretty much the reasons. Yeah, a theme like "The revenge in Afghanistan". After 2005. :rolleyes: