• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what a nice F-15E is going on here! The interior details are nicely represented and you have addressed the problem with the too deep panel lines on the top fuselage very well. The additional rivet lines will enhance the model even more, since those are well visible on the real plane, those are accurate, too. Keep good work!

Greetings

Christian

PLenty of edits with the pylons under the CFTs and with the LANTIRN pods. The lines are scribed deeply to make them look like separate parts, the holders are painted separately, the holes on the pylons are slightly edited/enlarged, some extra riveting as well, and the targeting pod is with new vent and sensor. :) I definitely can`t recall all the edits cause i started them a few months ago. But here they are assembled, ready for painting. 4 pics before the primer:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

... and after the primer. BTW the holders are painted separately with metalizer and here are just simply inserted in their places. I plan to add them at a very later step so to keep this gorgeous contrasting shine. And they are also with closed "fingers" like i found them in pictures when they hold no loadouts. I think they look amazing after the surfacer: 

photo_1_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_4_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The gaps along the rear canopy frame were not so pretty...

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

But now they are. :) I prepare the canopy for gluing to the canopy frame, and the opening/closing angles, so check out some views that probbaly can`t be seen again:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

cheerz for now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally, the avionics bays are done. Check out the last one:

image.jpg

And a vid + some panoramic pics. Sry for the shaking on the video, i was pretty excited :D))) The nose is atually ready for gluing to the fuselage. First the vertical stabilizers have to be glued and some riveting around the rear area, and then i`ll go with the gluing of the nose to the fuselage. :) Here is the video:

And the pics:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by my favs are F`s

Hi Steve! The plan is to do it both ways - 1) on the ground, gear down, canopy open, etc. - and all of this will be housed in this display case (just making it...)

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

Notice the rod between the vertical stabilizers :) .... to keep them alighned while the glue is curing. 

And 2) - in flight, via long rod anchored to the wooden base of the display case, which is just about 10 times heavier than the model itself, which should be enough to sustain it quite higher from the anchor point even while swinging... And of course without the transparent top cover of the case in this mode.

Whilst for the display case - i plan some pretty interesting things which ive never done before and i don`t know what will happen after all... Some led lights all along the front vertical "diamond" edge of the case so the light will come from just one direction... A heavily weathered runway section for the base.... 

Edited by my favs are F`s

Looks brilliant Fs!

So much so, if it were mine I'd forget about keeping those bay doors movable and just flip up those door latches.

Let the viewer feast their eyes on that detail within.