PJ productions 1/72 figures. Are they the right size?

Hi guys. I bought the vietnam UH-1/Ah-1 4 man crew awhile back. I used it for my blackhawk along with some figures from Caesar miniatures. The PJ productions were severely undersized.

I am unable to provide pics of my own since I already cut them and modified them. But I found a pic in the net beside other 1/72 figures

sikorsky-hh-53c-super-jolly-green-giant-fujimi_zpsnbtw4fnh.jpg

This one is from the SAR 4man crew. Still looks very small

sar-helicopter-crew_zpsu5fnbjfj.jpg

I just want to know if other PJ productions are like these. I was thinking of ordering some modern pilots and it'd be a downer if they weren't the right size. I hope they're constrained to these helicopter crew. There's also an AH-64 crew that I may want to get my hands into. Anyone have that? Are they the right size? I'd appreciate all the help

Looks like they are the perfect size for B-17 ball turret gunners....or perhaps WW2 Japanese pilots.

They do look undersized, but I've never used them or seen them.

Guess that settles it then. It's PJ that is in the wrong scale not the others. I checkedout Reedoak, thanks for the suggestion. Looks awesome but the pricetag is a bit more than I willing to spend for a figure. Perhaps I may just modify other figures instead.

I agree the smaller figures are too small.

But the larger could be a wee bit too large. 1/72 is 1 inch equals 6 feet. The scale on the cutting mat appears to show the larger figures about 6ft or taller. It could also be the angle of the photo.

Guess I see one reason for the problem: looks like you've put the SAR tec on the Heller EC145, am I right?

If so: the Heller EC145 is OVER size. Anyway, if you compare it to the Revell EC145.

I use the PJ figures a lot and have never had the idea that they are undersized. The standing SAR tec looks perfect in the door opening of the (Revell) Sea King. The cockpit crews look ok to me, but I must say I have never actually measured them.

:cheers:

Gertjan

...I checkedout Reedoak, thanks for the suggestion. Looks awesome but the pricetag is a bit more than I willing to spend for a figure...

Agreed. I went over to their website and those Reedoak figures are arguably some of the best out there...but well above my modeling budget :( .

Guess I see one reason for the problem: looks like you've put the SAR tec on the Heller EC145, am I right?

If so: the Heller EC145 is OVER size. Anyway, if you compare it to the Revell EC145.

I use the PJ figures a lot and have never had the idea that they are undersized. The standing SAR tec looks perfect in the door opening of the (Revell) Sea King. The cockpit crews look ok to me, but I must say I have never actually measured them.

:cheers:/>

Gertjan

Hi. I just took the pics from the net. The one with multiple brands of pilots belong to a modeller while the sar figures are from the PJ production website. I'm not sure what brand the depicted helo is. I can confirm though that the size difference between a caesar miniature figures and this particular set from PJ is huge. But regardless I still ordered some pilots. They're not that costly anyway that's why I like this brand. If there is some size excess/deficiency, I'll just modify. Very small anyway as I only do 1/72

You're right Gibo. The PJ figures are not too expensive. Your post got me thinking and looking at them again, and they ARE quite small actually (although the official Airfix pilot, with the legs pressed together, is even smaller ;-)).

I always like to give my cockpits a more lively look and the PJ figures imho are ok for that.

Gertjan

Edited by GeejeeZ

Maybe they are smaller because they`d otherwise won´t fit? I had several crew figures of various brands that needed intense plastic surgery (cutting off legs, shortening the torso, etc.) to make them fit.

HAJO

Maybe they are smaller because they`d otherwise won´t fit? I had several crew figures of various brands that needed intense plastic surgery (cutting off legs, shortening the torso, etc.) to make them fit.

Indeed.

Also can also be true of AM ejection seats, engines, &etc.