1/48 revell JU-52"Tante Ju".

Tacked on the roof,the fit is fairly good but far from perfect.Not sure what to do that will not make it impossible to remove.I was thinking of added ribbed styrene to make the gaps less prominent. what do you guys think? 1463112870830_zps8hmoh6ww.jpg

Looks good! I really liked that kit. I built one in 2004 and don't remember having to fill and sand as much as you are...maybe the mold it going?

Sadly, I had to give away most of my built kits when I moved last year, and the JU-52 didn't make the trip with me. Hmmmm. Maybe it's time to go get another one! :)

Great work on you Tante Ju! It's in my stash...but I'm leery of the corrugations. Your work is giving me confidence to tackle this beast.

FWIW, here's a Postimage gallery mostly of the Ju-52 at Deutsches Museum in Munich.

That's a lot of acreage to cover! I hope you're using at least a 0.5mm needle with a fan pattern on this!

At the time I did my X-47B, I gave up on my Badger 360 with its 0.3mm needle and used Testor's rattle cans. I now have an Iwata HP-TH, and will be ready for this one when I get to it...

BTW, how did you fill the gaps on the fuselage corners and wing LE and TE? I would guess putty, solvent, and cotton buds.

I used my Paasche V L double action with a #5 tip.For the gaps,I taped them off then placed my tube of Bondo spit putty in a container of warm water,Applied the putty with a small flat head screwdriver and allowed it to dry.Wet sanded it with 320 grit sandpaer wrapped around a 1/8 piece of bass wood.