Shizuoka Hobby Show 2016

:deadhorse1:/>/>

Can't wait for Big T's F-14 announcement

:sign_spam:/>/> :bandhead2:/>/>

Tamiya has become Irrelevant in 1/48 when it comes to "NEW TOOLED" Subjects. AMK Has taken on the Task of creating a new 1/48 Tomcat and based on the relatively small track record of the Kits they have released it will be a Certified Winner. I have not been this excited for a release to come out in a LONG Time so Tamiya can go suck it for all I care. I mean they are so slow to release anything new in 1/48 aircraft these days it is ridiculous... :D

Edited by viper730

:deadhorse1:/>/>/>

:sign_spam:/>/>/> :bandhead2:/>/>/>

Tamiya has become Irrelevant in 1/48 when it comes to "NEW TOOLED" Subjects. AMK Has taken on the Task of creating a new 1/48 Tomcat and based on the relatively small track record of the Kits they have released it will be a Certified Winner. I have not been this excited for a release to come out in a LONG Time so Tamiya can go suck it for all I care. I mean they are so slow to release anything new in 1/48 aircraft these days it is ridiculous... :D/>

Word.

Tamiya is not remotely irrelevant. IF (and that's a huge if) they released a 1/48 Tomcat they could print money. It'd be just as good, or better, than anything anyone else could make. They don't produce much in that scale lately, but when they do it's not remotely "irrelevant."

Although Tamiya doesn't churn out kits like other companies when they do it seems to be the standard bearer.

Yeah who would have thought we needed a new P-47 but when they issued the kit it became the go to P-47 model in 1/48 and from what I heard the 1/72nd version is just as good.

Lookig forward to what is announced at the show but to be honest I am not holding my breath to some earth shattering announcement. However, time will tell.

I'm just going to stand here out of the way where I won't get splattered by the exploding heads...

Interesting intake trunking, and a nice wing box to keep things lined up. Underwhelming rear engine face, but it's gonna be waaaay inside the burner cans...

2016 is a great year!

I find it funnier that literally EVERY YEAR since 1992 people have been saying Tamiya would do a 48th Tomcat. 25 years later they do and people are like "told you so!"

Now, about that B-17..

hahaha yes :thumbsup:

Can't wait for Big T's F-14 announcement

Sigh ...why does this trigger an emotional response every year? At least AMK is doing the Tomcat family.

The Tamiya F-14 thing is so tired...someone needs to lead it out to the pasture and put a couple rounds in its head.

:deadhorse1:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/> :sign_spam:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/> :bandhead2:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/> Tamiya has become Irrelevant in 1/48 when it comes to "NEW TOOLED" Subjects. AMK Has taken on the Task of creating a new 1/48 Tomcat and based on the relatively small track record of the Kits they have released it will be a Certified Winner. I have not been this excited for a release to come out in a LONG Time so Tamiya can go suck it for all I care. I mean they are so slow to release anything new in 1/48 aircraft these days it is ridiculous... :D/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

I can see it now. . timeline 2106. Tamiya announce a Tomcat for the 100th anniversary of it's retirement, and someone on ARC says "told you so!"

Tamiya is not remotely irrelevant. IF (and that's a huge if) they released a 1/48 Tomcat they could print money. It'd be just as good, or better, than anything anyone else could make. They don't produce much in that scale lately, but when they do it's not remotely "irrelevant."

Yes I'm going to say I told you so :D/>/>/>/> :D/>/>/>/> :D/>/>/>/>

Edited by a4s4eva