Shizuoka Hobby Show 2016

MoFo, I did not know that. I hope it is a real one, since I cannot read Japanese, I am at a loss to read most of the sign. Hoping...

GMK, on that link I posted above, one of the other pictures has something on the US-2. Wasn't alot, a picture and maybe a test shot. Not sure. was about 130 pics in all in that folder.

Creator Works is Hasegawa's Anime line. Is it an actual flying boat, or 'based on a ____' from a movie?

It's a rebox of their Kawanishi H8K2 with a decal sheet to represent one from 'The Cockpit" manga/anime by Leiji Matsumoto (author of Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, etc). They previously released some other WWII planes, also reboxes of their existing kits with the 'fictional' marks from the anime/manga.

Edited by Inquisitor

Did anyone notice the airliner in the background of the F-14 in VF-2 markings? I guess Tamiya is getting into the airliner market

Yes I saw pictures on the official Tamiya site, it's a 1/100 Embraer 175. Looking forward to seeing that.

It's a rebox of their Kawanishi H8K2 with a decal sheet to represent one from 'The Cockpit" manga/anime by Leiji Matsumoto (author of Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, etc). They previously released some other WWII planes, also reboxes of their existing kits with the 'fictional' marks from the anime/manga.

Boo!!! Got my hopes up there for a second that Hasegawa finally decided to upgrade their ancient Emily kit. Would love to see them finally get around to this considering they have plenty of source documentation and an intact museum example to reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawanishi_H8K#/media/File:Kawanishi_H8K2_(Emily)_flying_boat.jpg