Tamiya 1/48th F-14 Sept 2016

wow Darren, thanks for sharing that list! very helpful.

which block-buno Miss Molly (F-14A, 1989) is included?

I believe Miss Molly was BuNo 161621, which would make it a block 125 with the TCS pod and ECM antennas under the wing glove and on the beaver tail next to the fuel dump. It would also have the L shaped tail stiffeners and newer style wheel hubs.

Edited by Darren Roberts

If you come to the IPMS National Convention in 21 days you can see it in person. We will have a complete kit for everyone to review. Please stop by the Tamiya America, Inc. booth in the main hall.

Excited to see the Pre-Orders starting to pop up on the online web sites. Means we are getting closer to getting this kit in our glue and paint stained hands :woot.gif:! I see Tamiya selling these kits like crazy! The first to have a new tool Tomcat released after years of modelers begging for one.

:cheers:

Hobby boss did. Now we can be technical because you said "years" and you'd be right. But it's not *that* old.

Ah technicalities ;) . But what I should have written was "years" in regards Tamiya doing one. And now they have and they stand to rake in a good truckload of coin for doing so.

If you come to the IPMS National Convention in 21 days you can see it in person. We will have a complete kit for everyone to review. Please stop by the Tamiya America, Inc. booth in the main hall.

21 days, that's a long time to wait for a plastic model junkie to get his fix.

1468442553[/url]' post='2814901']

Ah technicalities wink.gif . But what I should have written was "years" in regards Tamiya doing one. And now they have and they stand to rake in a good truckload of coin for doing so.

I do agree with you in that they'll make a killing in the 1:48 F-14 market. But what did you mean by "the first to do it in years"? That's why I mentioned HB. Tamiya would be my first preference for a 1:48 F-14, but I'll bet that AMK will give them a good run for their money. I'm looking forward to both kits.

I do agree with you in that they'll make a killing in the 1:48 F-14 market. But what did you mean by "the first to do it in years"? That's why I mentioned HB. Tamiya would be my first preference for a 1:48 F-14, but I'll bet that AMK will give them a good run for their money. I'm looking forward to both kits.

As I wrote in my previous post I was referring to Tamiya finally doing an F-14 of their own after "years" of people begging, pleading, and speculating that they were working on one. It's finally here after how long a wait. In regards AMK I am sure when they finally get around to it they will do fine. But right now we have a Tamiya kit due out in the next couple of months and they will ride a pretty big Tomcat wave and scoop quite a few sales from the casual Tomcat fan looking for one or two easy to build F-14's...IMHO of course.

Cheers!

Happy Turkey Thursday!

Good news! Looks like the weapon set included is both early and late air to air missiles. Window mask will be included. Going over the instructions now and this is an awesome kit.

70BC83B8-2918-4688-BE05-07FCA32BDB1F_zpss9twj6iw.jpg

3A1051AE-9312-4CDB-9198-25B5EA0DD9D7_zps9dsfdinm.jpg

Again this is a test shot and taken with my phone.

Here is a rundown of the sprues from the test shot we have.

A parts-9pcs.

B parts-25pcs.

C parts-1pcs.

D parts-30pcs.

E/F parts-29pcs./7pcs. X2

G parts-56pcs.

H parts-36pcs.

J parts-6pcs.

K parts-18pcs.

Z parts-19pcs. X2

That's a rough count.....

Edited by gtypecanare

I like the gun vent set up, although it will make doing a different vent piece a bit harder. I may have to do it where the modeler has to cut it. I love the separation between the forward and rear fuselage pieces. There is a natural gap there, so this design will replicate it perfectly. If I do an early beaver tail, cuts will have to be made, but I don't think it's anything too difficult.