Tamiya 1/48th F-14 Sept 2016

Right now, I'd love to have more info on what gun gas vents and chin pods are included. I wonder if Tamiya will do a late A release at all or if they will move straight to B and D.

From the sprue shots earlier, it looks to be a pre Block 125 with the standard gun vent and no ECM antennas. I'll have an update set for Steel Beach once I get the kit and get parts to fit. I'll do an early gun vent and all the Block 125 upgrades.

I'm wondering where all the people are who were saying the kit was already a flop and that Tamiya dropped the ball...?

It's looking like it's going to be a great kit. If it goes together as well as their F-16's...it's going to be a real treat.

@phantomdriver....I'm please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Edited by Jonathan_Lotton

Sorry, we just received a few sprues that are test shots of this kit to show retailers at the upcoming Hobbytown National Convention next month. We will have it available for viewing at the IPMS National Convention in August.

I know I am excited that this kit is coming from Tamiya. I have several of their F-16 kits and if it is even close to the quality of those kits I am super happy. I know the fit would be great and to be honest it may even jump to the "build now" pile come September. However, in Canada will probably not see it until October? I have several of the Hasegawa kits, Monogram, Academy and even Hobby Boss. Built several Monogram Tomcats so it will be interesting to compare.

The more I actually see of this this kit the more its shaping up to be a real killer :thumbsup: ! Now Tamiya is just teasing us with these photos :lol:! Talk about building up the sales frenzy :D .

:cheers:

However, in Canada will probably not see it until October?

Actually, for some reason Canada has got a lot of recent Tamiya releases before anywhere else in the world, so there's a decent chance we'll get the F-14 first.

Sorry, we just received a few sprues that are test shots of this kit to show retailers at the upcoming Hobbytown National Convention next month. We will have it available for viewing at the IPMS National Convention in August.

It'Tamiya, you know it's going to be good!

I am guessing that this Tamiya Tomcat is still scheduled for release sometime in September/early October? If so that's just three-ish months away :woot.gif:! Where is the line for the pre-orders... :D ?

I am guessing that this Tamiya Tomcat is still scheduled for release sometime in September/early October? If so that's just three-ish months away :woot.gif:/>! Where is the line for the pre-orders... :D/> ?

:cheers:/>

Line already started. You are about 50 guys away from the front :rofl: :rofl:

Line already started. You are about 50 guys away from the front :rofl: :rofl:

I fail to see the humor in that... <_<

Kidding of course :P !

Me thinks the lineup for this kit will stretch around more then a few corners. Tamiya is probably going to rake in some serious sales from people waiting a longtime for a new 1/48 Tomcat.

I fail to see the humor in that... <_</>

Kidding of course :P/> !

Me thinks the lineup for this kit will stretch around more then a few corners. Tamiya is probably going to rake in some serious sales from people waiting a longtime for a new 1/48 Tomcat.

:cheers:/>

On first read, I thought this said "stretch around more than a few COMETS" and before I realized I had read it wrong, all I could think was "yeah, probably." :rofl:

Looking at the surface detail on the test shot we have and I can report everyone will be beaming with excitement once you see it.

It is a quantum leap from what is currently available on the market.

If you are planning to go to the IPMS National Convention in Columbia,SC please stop by the Tamiya booth to see this magnificent example of modeling engineering. This is the new benchmark for the F-14 in 48th scale and will be THE definitive standard.

Actually, for some reason Canada has got a lot of recent Tamiya releases before anywhere else in the world, so there's a decent chance we'll get the F-14 first.

That's because Tamiya did the research in concert with some Canadian warplane organizations. So we got it first as a thank you. For example Vintage Wings of Canada was instrumental in the F4U research.