LuckyModel.Com in Hong Kong - Outstanding Order Since 8 Jan 2016

So I placed an order with LuckyModel.com on 8 Jan 2016 for a Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk (#07233) which showed a 1 week backorder. I ordered a Hasegawa weapons set as well. They charged my credit card for both items and postage and I have received nothing to date. I have sent three emails (every 30 days) requesting status and tried to cancel the order online without results. Has anyone had a similar experience with these guys? I will call my credit card and tell them to refund the amount, but I fear I have passed some deadline. R/ Dutch

I think you can also request/open a ticket or something named like that when you view your account/orders online. I've sent messages that way and they were addressed within a day or two. I don't think I ever tried direct email.

When contacting Lucky I always use the "My Request" option on the website and normally receive an answer within 24 hours. All time record still stands at 16 minutes!

I've placed 80+ orders with LuckyModel over the years and I can only give them my highest recommodation. Only thing: Unless you are prepared to wait, only order items which are in stock.

HTH

Bjarne

I understand that some have had good experiences with Lucky Model, but not me. I used Lucky Model once, and will never use them again. I made a fairly sizable order with them, but when one item would come back in stock, another would go out of stock and they would not ship my order.

Ultimately, I began pursuing the issue with my CC, and Lucky Model relented and filled my entire order. The problem was that to fulfill the order they sent a kit that looked like it had been in a shop window for a decade, had damaged decals and parts off of the sprues. I don't know if they were being petty, or it was all they could get their hands on. Either way, it was not a new kit, or even a kit in good condition. When I went back to them again, they just ignored me.

That told me all I needed to know about their business practices. So even when I have seen great prices, I simply do not use them anymore. Unfortunate, because I was really hoping it would be a great place to shop.

So I placed an order with LuckyModel.com on 8 Jan 2016 for a Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk (#07233) which showed a 1 week backorder. I ordered a Hasegawa weapons set as well. They charged my credit card for both items and postage and I have received nothing to date. I have sent three emails (every 30 days) requesting status and tried to cancel the order online without results. Has anyone had a similar experience with these guys? I will call my credit card and tell them to refund the amount, but I fear I have passed some deadline. R/ Dutch

Dear Dutch,

Please email me raymond@luckymodel.com and I would help you.

Raymond, Thank you for your outstanding support. I believe that the misunderstanding was my own fault for not knowing how to communicate or manipulate the order via your website. Thanks for your personal attention and response. Look forward to receiving the package. Another order is heading your way. R/ Dutch

Raymond, Thank you for your outstanding support. I believe that the misunderstanding was my own fault for not knowing how to communicate or manipulate the order via your website. Thanks for your personal attention and response. Look forward to receiving the package. Another order is heading your way. R/ Dutch

This forum need a "Like"-button thingie...,.... :-) Good to hear!

• 2 weeks later...