1/48 F-16XL Skunkmodels workshop

Anyone have any info if Skunkmodels workshop will do a 1/48 F-16XL two seat version?

I thought Raymond said that if the sales of the single seat version were good, that they would release a two seat model?

Any news on this Raymond?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Yes the XL2 is planned. But not in 2016.

You know last 2 years is really a busy year for me. We had released 10 items since the harrier fa2. And I had not take any holiday since then. After release the f18? Now we back on the Rg31 mk5 and t harrier schedule for year end.

The XL2 is should be allocated in 2017

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 4:31 PM, JEN722 said:

No need to release it. I am already in the process of converting the XL1 to the XL2.

Unless you are planning to market your conversion, the need for a 2-seater is still there...

2 hours ago, Matt Walker said:

How about a re-print of the single seater?? They're very hard to find for a reasonable price.

M

Sprue Brothers has it in stock for $64.99.

3 hours ago, habu2 said:

Unless you are planning to market your conversion, the need for a 2-seater is still there...

I need to be finished with my conversion before Skunkmodels release the XL-2. :D

Jens

• 1 month later...

XL didn’t need CFTs. Between the fuselage stretch and the bigger wing the XL had something like 80% more internal fuel capacity and L/D increased something like 25% over the F-16A/B. 

9 hours ago, habu2 said:

XL didn’t need CFTs. Between the fuselage stretch and the bigger wing the XL had something like 80% more internal fuel capacity and L/D increased something like 25% over the F-16A/B. 

don't go destroying my dreams with facts Captain buzzkill.

I think it would be a kick a$$ looking airplane

Glad to see this alive and coming later in the year. 

I'm with Dylan on including a spine and CFTs for optional builds, just as there were Whif decal options in the single seat version.  I think the 2 seater will look good with the spine and CFTs (and some of the other lumps/bumps out there).