Kind of jet related. Which is better?

Dragons recent black series releases are reminiscent of Trumpeters early days. Ie innacurate.

The Trump A team works in the armor department where they have a huge array of fabulous and accurate armor kits.

The Patriots with Hemtt are very nice and full of detail.

I would be grabbing it ten times before I touched the Dragon one after the M-60, Saladin and other black release's which gave all been highly criticised for accuracy problems.

I agree with dehowie as Trumpeter's offering is far more detailed and challenging to build. The Dragon kit will be far easier and simpler in assembly and engineering.

The Trump A team works in the armor department where they have a huge array of fabulous and accurate armor kits.

dehowie, no A team at Trumpeter, simply many enthusiasts who submitted loads of photographs and measurements for them to use. I am hoping, with all the information that they received, that the new Sukhoi ground attack aircraft from Hobby Boss) will be wonderful. The Su-9/11 is supposedly very good.

Regards,

If you want it now, then its Trumpeter all the way since Dragon's kit isn't in the shops yet. I have built the trumpeter kit and I really enjoyed building it. Now that I've built the Trumpeter kit, I'm not going to even bother with the Dragon kit.

Keep in mind.......

Both Trumpeter and Dragon kits are based on the Patriot PAC-2 missile system, which was in service during Operation Desert Storm in 1991. It has since been supplanted by the PAC-3 system during the late 1990s. The biggest difference launcher-wise visually between the PAC-2 and PAC-3 is that the PAC-2 has 4 missiles, the PAC-3 has 16.

Trumpeter

11120558_462172857274646_4163899138315327157_n.jpg

Dragon

D3558_ILL.jpg

The only kit, so far, that is a PAC-3 version is the 1/72 Aoshima kit....

PatriotJapan.jpg

Dragon will also be coming out with a PAC-3 trailer. AFV Club is going to be joining the party as well with a PAC-2 trailer and HEMTT. Link over on Armorama. I'm probably going to wait for the AFV Club kit.

EDIT: Looks like the AFV kit is actually a Trumpeter reboxing with some extra parts. But you'll get the tractor and trailer in the same kit, although it looks like it will be without the radar trailer. I'll probably still wait for the AFV kit.

-Dave

Edited by 2qwik4u

I agree with dehowie as Trumpeter's offering is far more detailed and challenging to build. The Dragon kit will be far easier and simpler in assembly and engineering.

dehowie, no A team at Trumpeter, simply many enthusiasts who submitted loads of photographs and measurements for them to use. I am hoping, with all the information that they received, that the new Sukhoi ground attack aircraft from Hobby Boss) will be wonderful. The Su-9/11 is supposedly very good.

Regards,

I'm in the finishing stages of a Trumpeter Su-11 build. The kit is amazing. Night and day difference between that and the Vigilante kit of theirs I made a couple years ago.