For you CV-63 / 64 guys

Gents,

If you're like me, you have been waiting for Trumpeter to grace us with a 1/350 scale version of the "Kitty" and the "Connie". Well, it seems the Kitty Hawk is already available and Connie will be available in Fall 2016. What I wanted to show you is an absolutely phenomenal photo-etch detail set for these two ships that I came across on Ebay. They are pricey ($200-$250 US) but I was blown away at what you get for that price. This is, without question, the most comprehensive detail set I have come across for any model - bar none. I have my Connie model on pre-order and will give a full review and build-blog on that when I get it. But, I just wanted to share a mini-review (pics) of the detail set for those of you who are looking to build one of these ships. Feel free to ask any questions about the set.

Seriously cool.

11 PE frets and 5 baggies of brass and white metal.

That would make a good "long term side project" for an aircraft builder like me. I would have one of each of Connie's Air Wing built in 1/72 before I would have the flight deck PE done, though.

But, someday, it would be finished,,,,,,and then parked on a shelf with the 1/72 aircraft nearby.

I need to talk to the "Accounting Department", when she gets out of work today.

Oh, and the set is also for the Kittyhawk, so Super Hornets with CVW-5 in Japan would be "okay" to do.

Edited by Rex
Man, I can't believe the Super Hornet has been out that long. Pretty soon we will be retiring them to the bone yard lol. Andy

If the high and mighty decision makers in DC keeping chopping the military, the Super Bugs will be at DM soon.