1/32 Gustav Bf-109 G6

I just finished this build a couple days ago, it took me 5 months on and off for the build since Jan. 2016.

Using a Trumpeter kit which was average in quality.

Bf109_13_qgbgex.jpg

Bf109_2_e3qppq.jpg

Bf109_3_gttdjo.jpg

Bf109_6_xqogk5.jpg

Bf109_4_o12elo.jpg

Bf109_7_kywhji.jpg

Bf109_11_qyyjot.jpg

Bf109_8_joxcqn.jpg

You are welcomw to follow the link for more images:

https://www.facebook.com/liu.andy.3701/media_set?set=a.622232611258941.1073741828.100004166226490&type=3

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Edited by AndyLiu
  • 2 weeks later...

Great build. Got a question though. If someone was going to build one 32nd ME-109, which would be the definitive variant and kit to build. Thanks for any help.

Chuck

Great build. Got a question though. If someone was going to build one 32nd ME-109, which would be the definitive variant and kit to build. Thanks for any help.

Chuck

Tough question. My pick would be the G-6 since it was built in far larger numbers than any other version. Specifically, the late version with tall tail and erla-haube canopy, no real logic behind that one, I just think the aircraft looks cooler than the earlier G-6. I'm partial to the Revell kit but it does need a few fixes (mostly with the cowling). Thankfully there are some nice aftermarket bits out there that make this easy.

Plus the cool thing about late G-6's is that you don't have to necessarily paint them in boring 74/75/76 schemes (no offense to the incredible model above).

IMG_6617_zps3741bca2.jpg

Edited by 11bee

Any thoughts on the Hasagawa G-6 kit compared to the Revell kit? Both kinda like pretty good.

Chuck

I haven't built it but I thought it was highly regarded but like the revell kit, it also had some flaws. If you don't get details here, I'd post over on LSP, plenty of experts over there who can provide details.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am S-L-O-W-L-Y building the Revell g6 now and I love it:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=291860

Its stalled right now as April and May are crazy months for me at work, but I will get at it again in a week or so. In my opinion, its a GREAT kit! Loads of detail and options, nice engraved panel lines, aside from the quirky cowl panels the fit is great. Now, I am no 109 expert but many have said that it is arguably one of the most accurate 1/32 109's out there (same with their G10 which I also have in my stash...and Revell made the G10 cowls less quirky). There are some small issues here and there that are noticeable to those who know what they are looking for, but most of those issues can be corrected with aftermarket resin if you really want to (I am not making the corrections as to me the issues aren't big enough). The thing is, the Revell kits are cheap and to me you are getting a lot of model for the price. Heck, even with the additional resin bits and bobs to make the corrections if you want to it is still cheaper then the Hasegawa 109. Now, the Hasegawa 109 is good but not without its issues...and its more expensive.

IMHO I'd go Revell.

HTH

:cheers:

The best 1/32 scale 109 is (for me anyway) the Cyber Hobby "E" series. I have Hasegawa and Revell "G" series kits, and both are quite good. The Revell is better, and the $27 price tag makes it a steal. Looking at the two Cyber Hobby kits (e3 and E4b), I simply see zero need for aftermarket parts except decals of course. You can build just about anything from a bf109e1 to a bf109e7 (including the Galland Specials).

gary