This is my recently completed MH-60M in 1/35th scale. It was made by converting the Academy/MRC AH-60L DAP as a base and adding details from the Cobra Company line. Required a bit of advance thinking and on the fly adjustments but it turned out to my satisfaction.

Chris M

P1010003_zpsypposjr4.jpg

P1010002_zpsg5wd7pgn.jpg

P1010005_zpswthzosji.jpg

Edited by Chief Snake

Looks great! How'd you do the rotors?

The main rotor blades on the real M are 4" wider in chord. I blended in a 1.5mm spacer to imitate that. It's really hard to tell. The tips were cut off and the resin replacement tips included in the Cobra Company set were glued on.

Chris M

Oh man that looks like the real thing, i love it, completely stunning.

Did you use the shapeway wheels? They look great.

What color did u use to paint the exterior?

Congratulations on a perfect build.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

Oh man that looks like the real thing, i love it, completely stunning.

Did you use the shapeway wheels? They look great.

What color did u use to paint the exterior?

Congratulations on a perfect build.

Rod.

Thanks for the kind word. It's not a contest type build but looks interesting in my model case. Yes, the wheels are from Shapeways, kind of nice really. the paint was 2/3 Model Master helo drab acrylic and 1/3 Model Master interior black acrylic. This blend was suggested by Floyd as it was reported to him that it's the way they are really painted. This matched the photo of the aircraft I tried to copy quite well. Personally, I think this can vary depending on who's mixing the paint that day and how much of each color they use. Some MH-6's I have personally seen looked black to me, in bright daylight. I don't think you can go wrong any way you decide to display your model.

Chris M

Awesome work indeed, really nice Chris. Couple questions though. You put a 1.5MM spacer in the blades to widen them, where did you put that? In the center, leading or trailing edge? Also, everything we see on this build is included in the two MH-60M upgrade sets? Lastly, could you post some pic of the upturned exhaust or elaborate how you did those? Again, really looks nice.

Chuck

Awesome work indeed, really nice Chris. Couple questions though. You put a 1.5MM spacer in the blades to widen them, where did you put that? In the center, leading or trailing edge? Also, everything we see on this build is included in the two MH-60M upgrade sets? Lastly, could you post some pic of the upturned exhaust or elaborate how you did those? Again, really looks nice.

Chuck

The spacer was added to the trailing edge, basically extended it. I used an appropriate thickness of Evergreen strip that was 1.5mm wide and feathered it in.The exhausts are the UES Special edition Cobra Company sells, they are hollowed out to allow the baffles to be inserted. That was completely a trail and error exercise of cutting and shaping each one individually. The placement is in accordance with the photos provided with the Special Edition set.

Chris M